• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameGeeks Smash 64 Tournament Iowa City, IA Mar. 21

Dwreck

Smash Cadet

EDIT: THERE'S BEEN A CHANGE OF DATE

THE NEW DAY IS MARCH 21ST

Hey guys GameGeeks is a retro gameshop in Iowa City that holds the majority of the smash tournaments there. This is mostly directed at people anywhere within a couple hours as this isn't a huge tourney by any means. A little background on the shop, they originally just held Melee and PM tournies (i think) but they tried doing a 64 tournament last year and it got enough attention that they're doing bi weeklies for it now!

Singles is the only guaranteed event but doubles has happened before and the owner is cool enough to let us run doubles if enough people want to make it happen. Each event would be $5 and the $5 venue fee is waved if you bring a 64 set up. The shop has a lot of extra crt's at the shop so you really only need to bring an n64 and game if you want to.

I hope someone in the near midwest sees this that didn't know about these tournies before because they're a lot of fun and the competition is good and it continues to grow, plus i love playing as many different people as i can. Grand Finals and maybe some earlier sets should be streamed so i'll be sure to include the stream link as tourny day approaches.

anyways here's the facebook event link
https://www.facebook(dot)com/events/382794755227932/

If you have any questions please ask me here or post on the event page!

Last edited:
Top Bottom