• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controllers?

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
So I've been playing Smash on emulator for a while now, and I've noticed that almost no one here uses Gamecube controllers. In fact, a lot of people say that it sucks for playing Smash. Can someone explain to me why? Is it because there aren't any good adapters out there, or is the controller itself just really bad for SSB64 for some reason? Or am I just completely wrong -____-

And if there is anyone here who does use Gamecube controllers, how does it work for you and what adapter do you use?

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
I use the Gamecube controller.
The only problems Ive had are the sucky L and R triggers.

And I cant do Button sliding mainly like for Fox's Shine Cancel and DJC.

For Fox shine cancel I have to put my Middle Finger on X and Index on Right. <- This also applies for SHDL since I cant get my Thumb from X to B quick enough with that Xbox big A button in the middle

And for DJC I Press Up then immediately press X then Slide from X to A. When I press X I go to whatever -air Im trying to do.
OR I can Press X twice quickly

Yea so when Im playing my fingers are going everywhere.Also theres some more weird confusing things concerning your Deadzone and the condition of the joystick.

Overall it has its Ups and Downs.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
If they transfered the stick quality to N64 controllers I'd be so happy.
Other than that...
The triggers are too big, they're pressure activated, the SSBM jump button is too far away from the laser, I can't configure the CStick to do macros, and I can't make L and R both Z-canceling. *Puke*

_kSo_

Smash Master
Ok, any reasons besides design/button layout because I actually like the controller.. -__-

Just do whatever is comfortable for you. If you end up having problems with certain techs, you'll either find a way around it, or you won't "actually like the controller" anymore

Top Bottom