• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube controller won't work on WiiU

EMPfim

Smash Rookie
So I have project M up and running for the first time on my WiiU but even though I have the GC controller adapter (the one released with Smash4) it doesn't seem to detect them. Please help, my Wii doesn't seem to like project M so I really want my WiiU to work with GC controllers.

noboruplaysgames

Smash Cadet
I don't know much about running project m on the wii u but I'll try to give you something to try until someone more experienced then me shows up. For the wii u, make sure it's set to wii mode. Try unplugging the controller adaptor and putting it back in (not kidding sometimes things like this work lol). Other than that I'm not so sure. When trying to run it on your wii are you using homebrew or the non hacked version? This I know a lot more about and maybe I can help you out somehow. :)

Last edited:

EMPfim

Smash Rookie
I don't know much about running project m on the wii u but I'll try to give you something to try until someone more experienced then me shows up. For the wii u, make sure it's set to wii mode. Try unplugging the controller adaptor and putting it back in (not kidding sometimes things like this work lol). Other than that I'm not so sure. When trying to run it on your wii are you using homebrew or the non hacked version? This I know a lot more about and maybe I can help you out somehow. :)
I tried what you said on WiiU with no effect, but even though my Wii is homebrew'd it ran the hackless version that I used on my WiiU without any problems, so I guess I'm ok for now but it'd still be great if we could find a way for GC controllers to work on WiiU too

noboruplaysgames

Smash Cadet
I tried what you said on WiiU with no effect, but even though my Wii is homebrew'd it ran the hackless version that I used on my WiiU without any problems, so I guess I'm ok for now but it'd still be great if we could find a way for GC controllers to work on WiiU too
Well I'm glad that something worked at least :). Are you using a normal gc controller or a smash 4 one for the wii u? Idk if it makes a difference though but gotta try everything ya know?

alex9918

Smash Cadet
If i do recall correctly theres something homebrew does to you console that makes it not work because its a wii game (I could be wrong, i dont know a lot about Wii U modding.) Hope i helped

Top Bottom