• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller with Dolphin 4.0-652 on Windows 8.1 problem.

Paquel

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

I recently bought the "Official White GameCube Controller" and the "GameCube Adapter for PC" from Amazon.com to play Super Smash. Brawl and Melee on my PC using Dolphin 4.0-652.
I followed a tutorial to be able to calibrate and plug in my new GC Controller on my PC to be able to play with it.
I had no problems to download the required driver, Windows see the controller and I'm able to calibrate it trough the "USB Gamepad Configuration".
But when I open Dolphin and go to setting for GC Controllers, I have many choices such as theses

1) DInput/0/USB GamePad
2) DInput/1/USB GamePad
3) SDL/0/USB GamePad
4) SDL/1/USB GamePad

None of them works, It's like Dolphin is unable to see my plugged in GameCube Controller. It's weird because the "USB Gamepad Configuration" is working well and I'm able to calibrate my controller correctly.
I need help, I really want to play Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl on my PC!

You should see the dot on the main stick go from dark grey to red so you know it's working, but It's not!

The controller doesn't work on the "GCPad Configuration Screen" with Dolphin and in game, I tried all my games but nothing!

I'm using Windows 8.1 and a lot of people seems to have this same problem.
Is it because of Windows 8.1??? Please help me!

Here are my computer specs:
Operating System:
Windows 2.6.2.9200
CPU Type:
Intel® Core™ i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
CPU Speed:
3.22 GHz
System Memory:
8.53 GB
Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Video Card Memory:
4.23 GB
Video Card Driver:
nvd3dum.dll
Desktop Resolution:
1920x1080
Hard Disk Size:
1 TB
Hard Disk Free Space:
792.39 GB (79%)
Download Speed:
3.3 MB/s (26.4 mbps)

And here's the picture of my settings and stuff.

Last edited:

Paquel

Smash Rookie
Ok I see, I 've done this before but not with YOUR file, let me try it :p

Last edited:

Paquel

Smash Rookie
So I simply put the file in the right spot and select the "gc" in the "GCPad Config" and then press save or load and It should be fine???

Doesn't work.

Paquel

Smash Rookie
Ok now I understand, I have the good settings but my controller still won't work :(
The red dots won't shows up and I tried launching the game but I still can't move with my controller...

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Ok now I understand, I have the good settings but my controller still won't work :(
The red dots won't shows up and I tried launching the game but I still can't move with my controller...
Go to configure and set a standard controller under the gamecube tab. For future reference edit your posts instead of triple posting.

Paquel

Smash Rookie
Ok now It suddenly works fine but my character keep using shield when I press no buttons :s any idea??
So happy it works for no reason like that hehe thanks a lot :p

It's like my R-Analog is really sensitive, I don't press it but my character get into shield lol

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Ok now It suddenly works fine but my character keep using shield when I press no buttons :s any idea??
So happy it works for no reason like that hehe thanks a lot :p

It's like my R-Analog is really sensitive, I don't press it but my character get into shield lol
Manually change the analog settings. For L/R analog hold down the buttons right before they click but don't let them click.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
So actually, I'm getting the same issue. Windows detects both the adapter and the controller, but Dolphin does not. To elaborate, I can actually see where my sticks are moving in the Windows config, but in Dolphin, I can only see that there are SDL gamepads to choose from. I've set all four pads to Standard Gamecube controller, but it doesn't work.

Why is Dolphin trying me so?

FIXED

Clarification: You should CLEAR your settings in GCpad config, and then click ok. Upon reentering you should just simply remap your entire controller.

Last edited:

Zedy888

Smash Rookie
HI , i have the same problem but with nintendo 64 emulator , i have windows 8.1 but cannot play majoras mask :( . any ideas why this is happening?

Meknt

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm having a problem where I've installed the drivers and my GameCube controller adapter works, but when I try to calibrate my controller none of my inputs do anything, dolphin doesn't work either. What can I do to fix this, I've never used this ck thriller before and I just bought it from game stop and it's the licensed one from Nintendo.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hi, I'm having a problem where I've installed the drivers and my GameCube controller adapter works, but when I try to calibrate my controller none of my inputs do anything, dolphin doesn't work either. What can I do to fix this, I've never used this ck thriller before and I just bought it from game stop and it's the licensed one from Nintendo.
If it works using direct connect on 4.0-6554 then that's it, you don't use the calibration setup because dolphin already accurately maps it. If it doesn't work then just Google "dolphin wii u adapter" to find the zadig setup. If you are using the 4.0-652 build (you shouldn't) then you need a program to map the inputs so you need to get vjoy. I recommend you go with the zadig setup as its less laggy and more accurate.

Top Bottom