• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller Triggers

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
For anyone who has ever opened up a Gamecube controller I'm sure you've noticed two things:
1. There are two types of springs - the old classic controllers have shorter springs while the new ones have longer ones.
2. The old classic controllers have a metal bar as part of the trigger mechanism but this is absent from the new ones.

For people who've played both, do you prefer longer springs or shorter springs?

What are the merits of playing each one?

In my experience short springs tend to miss more wavedashes but it's easier to miss L-cancels.

The metal bar doesn't seem to have much of an impact either.

I've been thinking about this for quite a while so am eager find out what others think.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
I prefer no springs. No springs means easier l cancels, easier wavedashes, and easier perfect shields. While I'm currently unable to use my powershield, myself and a few other people are working on a way to remap dpad down to full powershield.

Top Bottom