• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller Repair?

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, so I've got quite a few old GCN controllers from waaaay back, and most of them have degraded over the years.

The biggest offenders are messed up Control Sticks that tend to 'slide' everywhere, even when using the X+Y+Start reset function, Control Sticks that have lost the rubber covering, as well as L and R Shoulder buttons that "stick" (without actually sticking) causing me to mess up my L-cancels with accidental rolls, unintentional prolonged shielding, stuff like that.

Anyone have any good tips on repairing these? ($30 for a new controller is too painful atm...)

I've recently ordered one of those special tri-wing screwdrivers and I'm planning on taking a look-see into the controllers.

Maybe remove a few shoulder button springs here and there? Not sure how to handle the 'sliding' Control Sticks though.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Anyone have any good tips on repairing these? ($30 for a new controller is too painful atm.
Buying one of the new Smash Edition GameCube controllers is probably going to be your cheapest option in the long run. Look on Ebay because you can often find them for around $25 with free shipping and no tax. Here's the link to one but I'm not too sure how long it's going to be available at this fantastic price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Ni...991?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9c9fbc3f

Top Bottom