• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameCube controller designs.

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
so I'm thinking of customizing my controller but im having trouble with a design, im a sonic main, so I want it to be sonic themed, but instead of making it blue and sonic logo I'm thinking the logo be a green chaos emerald. I'd like there to be both blue and green on the controller and I want a minimum of black(too generic) there can be black just not copius amounts of it. I'd also like marking of one color on another, what I mean by that is say the top half is green for example, then I would like black tips on the handles, or or streaks of blue running over the green. Any ideas would be great pls.

Keman

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget you can look through this http://smashboards.com/threads/any-cool-gamecube-controller-modifications.335701/ thread to see what others have done.

If you have not did a lot of paint recolors before I wouldn't try anything to crazy, but its very easy to paint half the shell one color and then the other another. aka paint the back piece green, front blue, (all thin coats with no running) with a green logo on the front that matches the back would probably look easy on the eyes.

As far as mixing the 2 colors together on the front in some fashion. I know I have seen plenty of people do a splatter effect, by putting paint on the tip of a brush and flicking? it in some manner at the desired area to create that effect. I've no idea how that is really done but I'm sure there are tutorials on the internet. If you wanted streaks of one color over the other when you go to tape it off over the first color. You can kind of not press down the edges of the tape so just a little of the paint can seep through/under and you wont have that hard edge look if you wanted.

Cant really help with creative ideas because that isn't my strong suit, I just wouldn't do anything to loud, tacky, or crazy. Just do a decent job with the prep work and the clear coating and I'm sure it will be fine.

Top Bottom