• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamebreaking KO Marth tech?!?!?

DariusM27

Smash Ace
We've come a long way ladies and gentlemen. But now, we've finally arrived.

Marth's ultimate power has finally been realized.

Fellow Marths, I give you....

Marth's Ultra Super MeGaTon Flying Giga Breaker!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HaOICApacs&t=0m33s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EyH24rssLw&t=0m16s

Facts about this move.

The only ways to avoid getting KOd at 30% from this move are
1. Dodge it
2. Perfect shield it
3. Counter it (Not an option vs non counter characters, obviously)

It's a KO that can be setup from a down throw.

It will only work if very particular conditions are met.

When attempting to land this KO confirm, it is greatly helpful if your opponent is an absolute scrub. If they have played this game more than a couple weeks, it's going to be challenging to land this move on them.

Still, I'm not going to say it's impossible that this could work in an actual match vs a good player. It's VERY unlikely to work, but if it works... you win.

On the positive side, the range is drastically increased due to the momentum boost Marth gets from inputting Shieldbreaker this way, which means...
1. If they try to roll away, they will probably die.
2. If they shield... they will probably get shield broken.
3. If they trade with it, they will probably die.
4. If they try to jump away, they probably won't be able to jump in time.

Another nice thing is, if they roll towards the incoming attack, they may likely dodge the move, but there is very little chance Marth will be punished for attempting this.

Even if they dodge it some other way, or you just wiff it somehow, the cooldown is actually not very bad at all. I have gotten surprise Tipper Fsmashes from sliding in and attacking out of this move.

So there ya go. A really stupid hype option you should definitely not use in a serious match unless you are freaking insane. (Kind of) lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom