• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Time with DAK075 (Video Game Reviews)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Link to original post: [drupal=4931]Video Game Reviews with DAK075[/drupal]

O.K. So Tri-Hy inspired me to post some of these reviews that I had on another gaming forum called NoobToob. I'll post the two that I wrote up there, and any future reviews I may do will be here in the OP. So enjoy all my reviews, both new and old. I tend to write a lot, since I am very detailed oriented, so you have been warned, but I do hope you can stick through my lengthy reviews.

Also, the most important part of this is to tell me how I do in my reviews. The more feedback I get from all of you, the better I can make these reviews, and the more motivated I will be to make new ones. For nothing brings me greater joy knowing that people can actually enjoy these, or find them informative.

[COLLAPSE="God Hand Review (PS2):"]

God Hand is about a guy named Gene who one day wakes up to find that he has the power of the God Hand and now every demon wants to kick his *** because of it. So how do you fight a demon? With your fists of course!

God Hand for the PS2 is not a well known game. In fact, I was lucky enough to be able to find a copy or even hear anything about this game.
God Hand is one of Clover Studio's (Clover Studio also made Okami) last games ever made.
And it is one hell of a game.

God Hand is pretty much your standard beat 'em up game. You beat the living **** out of everyone who gets in your way, and this helps you progress through the levels. Sounds repeitive? Actually, this is not so with God Hand. Now since this is a Capcom game, you will expect this game to be challenging. And it rightfully is. The game eases you into itself by giving you a nice warm-up in the tutorial level. Not too hard, but it can be pretty challenging if you let down your guard.

The game puts you into a perspective right behind Gene's back. And note that you cannot change the camera position. The camera is always behind you at all times. Sounds bad, right? Well, it actually is not bad. This helps you actually fight flawlessly in combat. Now what happens if you see an enemy trying to sneak up on you? Just hit the L1 button, and Gene will do a complete 180 turn. And to also help detect enemies around you, you are given a radar in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Now how exactly is the combat in God Hand? Well, it pretty basic: Square to unleash your standard combo, and you also use X and Triangle in cobination with the control stick to perform moves that you can cleverly weave into your standard combo. You also have powerful Roulette moves (activated by pressing R1) and the mighty power of the God Hand (by pressing R2) at your disposal. You use the right stick to dodge attacks, and you can even taunt your enemies to piss them off to help build up your Tension Gauge (which is then used to unleash the God Hand.)

You auto-lock onto enemies, and you just attack them. Simple enough, but the game's difficulty makes you avoid enemy attacks. Let's just say it is really easy to get your *** kicked in this game of you let your guard down for a second. The game's difficulty raises and lowers depending on your performance: if you dish out pain and avoid enemies' attacks, your Tension and Difficulty gauge will rise. Do poorly, and it your Difficulty will lower. More money is awarded to you if you defeat more enemies at higher difficulties. There are 4 levels to the Difficulty gauge: Level 1, 2, 3 and Level Die. To aid you in the game you have Roulette attacks and the God Hand. However, these moves are limited, so you should onyl use them whenever needed. Roulette moves take up one of your Roulette Wheels, which is then used to unleash a powerful attack that can dish out some serious damage. The God Hand can be used only once your Tension Gauge reaches a certain level. When you do unleash the God Hand, your attacks deal out more damage, your speed increases, and you are completely invincible for a short time. By using these moves, this helps you overcome some of the difficulties you are to face in this game.

Whenever you take damage or use up a Roulette Wheel, you have to find fruit (health) and card powerups (Roulette Wheels, Tension Gauge, and Attack Power Up) to replenish your supplies. Now, you are not given much of these powerups, so this is why you make everything count in this game.

Now then, finally the economy system of this game: the Shop. In the shop, you can buy new moves for Gene's combos and Roulette moves. You also have the option of buying various powerups to increase your maximum combo length, health, roulette wheels, and tension gauge. (all is highly recommened) This then gives you the option of choosing a move list which best suits your style. You can get money to purchase these moves and upgrades by picking up money in the game (which happens to appear more than vital powerups such as health) and by completing levels and challenges. You can even earn more money by completing arena battles and gambling it off in games such as slots, blackjack, and poker.

Now then: enough talk about the gameplay. Time to talk about graphics and level design. Graphics are good for a PS2 game, and what you see in the above image are what the graphics are like for the whole game. No CGI at all is used in this game. The animations are also done really well: they are all fluid. Level design is straightforward on the most part, but you can explore a bit for those health and roulette powerups. A problem I saw with level design is that you could sometimes see through walls: even if there is nothing beyond those walls. God Hand's story and humor is sure to keep you entertained as you meet memorable characters.

Overall, God Hand is an amazing game that should be more well known. I give this game 2 thumbs up. A new copy of God Hand goes for $19.99 but is extremely hard to find. Good luck getting your hands on God Hand.

-DAK075: This was my 1st review that I ever did, so please feel free to tell me if I did anything wrong or if I should improve in some areas. I just wanted to talk about everything in this unknown game. If you want some gameplay videos of this game, then be sure to tell me, so that I can make them.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Greg Hastings Paintball 2 Review (Wii)"]Greg Hastings Paintball 2 Review for the Wii

He's back! That's right, the biggest name in all of paintball video games is back, and his game is as realistic as the real thing, minus the pain, sweat, and paint of course.

So, before I begin, I must explain something. When Greg Hastings teamed up with Activision, they had some disagreements. Activision just wanted to make a paintball game, and put Greg Hastings name on it. So, Greg Hastings decided to file law suits to get the rights to his name back. You see, Greg Hastings is very dedicated to the sport of paintball, and nothing makes him more happy than to introduce more people to the sport of paintball. You see, Greg Hastings never wanted to make a paintball game. He wanted a game to get people introduced to the sport of paintball.

Why was that story important? Mainly because I think this was the reason why Greg Hastings turned to Majesco Games.

So, Greag Hastings Paintball 2 is for the Nintendo Wii, XBox 360, and a future release date for the Playstation 3 version. The PS3 version will be no different from the 360 version. All versions cost $40.

So why did I get the Wii version over the 360 version? For three reasons. One, my 360 was dead. The second reason was because I wanted to test out the Wii controls for this game. The third reason was because I play paintball myself, so I wanted to see if Greg Hastings knows what he is doing.

So, the first thing to say about this game is that this game was low budget. So don't expect much from this game.

Presentation:
I am not going to spend much time on this point. The screenshot you see below is what the graphics are like: not really good. But I was playing this game on the Wii, so I really did not care at all. The HUD is pretty cool, you get to see the game behind a paintball mask. In the bottom left corner, you have the ammo indicator. So the HUD has nothing complicated going on. Which is a good thing. The game menus themselves look like crap, and they look really old. But the menus themselves are pretty easy to navigate.

End of Presentation.

Controls:
O.K. So the game supports game control with all the controller types for the Wii: Wii remote + numchuk, Wii Zapper, Classic Controller, and Gamecube. The default control scheme is the Wii remote, and this is by far the best of all the control schemes. To begin, I HIGHLY recommend you practice with this control scheme, as it WILL take some time getting used to. Control stick to move, B to shoot, A to zoom in, 1 to reload, 2 to pause, + to switch hands, - to snap out of cover, Z to crouch, lay prone, and slide, C to quick look, Control Pad to switch weapons and issue commands, and the nunchuk can be tilted to snap out of cover and to switch hands.

The other control schemes that I would recommend would be the Classic Controller. The GameCube controller feels weird, and the Zapper is just plain stupid. DO NOT BOTHER WITH ZAPPER CONTROLS. This was the most stupid control scheme ever used with the Zapper. You used the trigger to zoom in, while you fired with the Z button. The C button was used for paint grenades, which I never use, so that was pointless. The A button is used to slide and crouch, an important factor that can be a huge help in a game, but it is out of reach. The + button was used to reload. WTF. To be honest, I had better times with the Zapper while I had the Wii remote control scheme selected. So if you do want to use the Zapper, use the Wii remote settings, but keep the Numchuk out of the Zapper. It proves useful for snapping and switching hands.

The control sensitivity is pretty high by default, so you may want to turn it down a few notches until you get a feel for the game. Then you can slowly make the game more sensitive to your liking. The tilting of the Nunchuk is a little awkward at first, but you will get used to it with practice. Just like paintball, in order to get better, you practice. So, you have to tilt the Nunchuk slightly in order to snap out of cover (a term that means to place part of your body out of cover in order to see the filed and fire with as much cover as possible,) and to switch shooting hands (paintball players can switch hands to help keep most of their body in cover.) Now, the Classic controllers is the same deal: odd to work with at first, but you can get used to it. Overall, no matter what control scheme you go with, you will need to practice with them.

End of Controls.

Gameplay:
O.K. Time for anyones favorite part of the game: the gameplay. So, it is important to say that since I play paintball already, I am at a huge advantage. I know the sport really well, the ins and outs of the sport, and what equipment I should go with, based on my play style. When I play paintball, I play the Speedball type: the type of games you would most likely find the pros playing on TV, and is one of the two popular types of paintball. So, it is natural for me to pick up and jump right into Speedball. And I played this type the most. I also played Recball and Woodsball gametypes, so I will give my views of these types as well.

Now, the gameplay is FPS. Now, this is not your ordinary shooter: this game is paintball. And this paintball video game is realistic. Which can be a huge downer for people who have never played or heard of paintball before. So, let me explain that the target reticule that you have serves as a guide of sorts. It shows the general direction of where you are aiming. Trust me though, you will need to adjust your aim to hit targets farther away. Why? Because paintball is not played with guns and bullets, it is played with markers and paintballs, which are not capable of traveling at high velocities like a gun and bullet are able to, which then makes the balls more vulnerable to gravity. This is one example to how realistic the game is. Other things such as how your mask fogs up by heavier breathing was a nice touch.

O.K. So the game modes to this game are: Career, Local, Online, and Extra.

Career mode allows you to manage your own paintball team. This team will compete in any one of three game types: Speedball, Woodsball, and Recball. Speedball is a quick based game that puts players in a small field filled with inflatable bunkers. Woodsball is playing paintball in the woods, which is where the sport's origins were. Recball is a mix between Speed and Woodsball. The field is a lot bigger, but it plays very much the same as Speedball.

Now with paintball, get hit once, and you got a couple options. You can wipe yourself and stay in the game (which you can rarely get away with in life, so do not do it) or you can just call yourself out. Same applies to this game. When you get hit, you get a Cheat Meter. Pretty much, it is a mini-game that you need to hit the button at the right moment. You miss by even an inch, you will get called out, and if you take too long, you will get called out. Sometimes there are penalties that take away additional team members if you get caught wiping, so be aware of when you get penalized of wiping or not.

This is one thing about this game that may turn off people looking for another shooter. That one hit, you're out rule. But just suck it up, it ain't better in life either. So, the object of paintball is to pretty much tag the opposing players. Simple enough.

So, back on topic, the Career mode is split into the three types. You can play any of these three types in whatever order you want to. Having trouble in Speedball? Then play some Rec or Woodsball. All your players and equipment carry on over.

Now this is how Carrer plays out: Greg Hastings is your team manager. He is your mentor and books you various tournaments that he believes you are ready for. You earn money by winning tournaments, and if you replay tournaments you get an extremely low amount of what you originally won. Which makes upgrading your equipment and players a pain. This is why switching between the three game types is important. Managing your team is very easy, but upgrading your team's abilities are a pain, since it costs so much. It is much easier to buy a trade of a player who already has the abilities that you needed. Plus, these abilities seem to make minor adjustments to your player's gameplay.

However, over time, you will hit a snag in the road and will continue to lose. If that happens, then play the Local game mode by yourself or with a friend via splitscreen. The good part about Local and Online gameplay is that you can use ANY equipment that you want. So you can get all the good stuff and enjoy the game with your decked out marker. Now I have no idea how a multiplayer match on splitscreen goes. I was able to play a few multiplayer matches, and I must say I was impressed. The games do not lag and I rarely got dropped from a game due to bad connection, but I was disappointed in the lack of customization.

In other words, you always get what the game gives you. This means the game automatically chooses what map, game type, and rules you play with. This isn't too bad, since you and others in the lobby can vote to veto whatever the game gives you. But still, I would have liked more than two playlists: Mixed which has every game type to choose from, and Xball is mostly Speedsball, but it is a mad dash to see how many games each team can win before time is up. But the multiplayer is what makes this game so much fun, because you and your opponents know that one hit will get you eliminated. Just be sure to play in the middle of the day, since this is the time in which I was the most successful in getting mutliplayer matches in. If you want to play late at night, then play with your friends.

Finally is the Extras which includes a field editor that allows you to make your own paintball fields, view bios of paintball players, and watch some videos. You have to unlock the videos and bios. The editor is pretty easy to use, and is cool to use if you get bored with the vast field selection. (The game has over 60 fields to choose from.) Plus you can take these fields that you created, and play your friends in what you created.
Overall, gameplay was fun as hell. It can get boring if all you do is play local matches, so play online, and play that career mode.

End of Gameplay.

So, overall, I thought this game was done well for a paintball game. Just a few design flaws with the controls and the graphics could have been better, but this WAS a low budget game. Load times were quick, which made the action never stop. So pick this game up if you want an accurate paintball game. If you're looking for another shooter, then you may want to pass.

I give this game 2 thumbs up for accuracy to the sport of paintball, one thumbs up for gameplay, and if you want to try the game, rent it, but you do miss out on the free day of paintball pass that the game gives you for free.
End of review.

DAK075 - Yo, if this review seems to lack structure, it was because I was writing it while watching Kill Bill vol. 1 and 2. Also, some of the pics come from the 360 and PS3 versions of the game, due to the lack of the Wii version's screenshots. If this review does not answer any questions you may have about this game, then tell me, so that I may give you a detailed answer to your question.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Sin and Punishment: Star Successor Review (Wii)"]

The cult classic on rails shooter from Treasure (Ikaruga, Bangai-O, Gunstar Heroes) returns with its sequel.

Sin and Punishment was orginally released in 2000 on the N64 as a Japan exclusive game, but was later ported in 2007 through Nintendo's Virtual Console for 1200 points to European and American shores due to offshore fans wanting the game. The game was fairly popular, so Sin and Punishment: Star Successor (or Successor to the Stars for Europeans) was released offshores as well in 2010.

The Story:

This game takes place years after the first Sin and Punishment game. Let's get down to the basics of the story, since it isn't too deep in the first place.
Isa Jo is sent to destroy an alien life form of Outer Space. This recon alien life form has amnesia and forgets her mission to document the weaknesses of humans.
All she has is a curosity towards them. Isa finds the alien life and was about to destroy her when he noticed at how human her reactions were.
Isa then names the girl Kachi, and runs off with her. With the Creators mad at Isa, they send the Nebulox, a group of elite fighters tasked with killing both Isa and Kachi now.

The story doesn't really offer much depth unless you read the instruction manual's prologue to truly appreciate everything, but even then, it still could have been more captivating.

The Gameplay:

So, this is your basic on rails shooter. Your character will constantly move foward, except in some cases where you are tasked with defeating a group of enemies to progress.
Sounds dull and basic, but it is different.

You can move, dodge, fly, and shoot for basic functions. Running on the ground constantly builds points,giving you more incentive to challenge yourself to maximize your score. You also need to worry about the combo meter. The more enemies you defeat, the higher this meter will go. You take damage, and this meter will go down. If you want to beat your high scores, then you'll want to master not getting hit. Functions that are different is the ability to fire off a charged shot, and to melee.

Knowing when and where to use charged shots can take care of foes swiftly, and melee allows you to reflect back certain attacks back to a target. These two features thus makes gameplay more deeper.

Combine all of these features, you get a rich shooting experience that is both fun and challenging. You feel as if its your fault for failing, and not the game's.
You have to learn how to beat each sub-boss and main boss, you have to memorize how enemies attack, and you have to use your tools to find the best approach. This is why the game is so great. You learn and adapt to whatever challenges. Couple this with the game's very generous checkpoint system, and it is actually fun to loose a boss fight and give it another shot, telling yourself that you can win.

Not only that, but the game puts you through so many environments, each one unique. You'll blast your way through a large city, an underwater tunnel, even through a nightmare as you vanquish all of your foes in your way. This makes each level different, much like how each boss is different.

Each boss is completely unique and diverse, much like how the levels are. There are certain weak spots of each boss, and some of them will like to make themselves invulnerable for quite some time. Others will just hammer you with an onslaught of projectiles to keep you from attacking their weak spot. Or others need you to use the level itself to damage them. Either way, each boss is different and fun to fight due to this diversity. Some of them can be quite bland compared to others, but each one will test your abilities, that much is certain.

Plus did I mention that there are 2 characters to play the game as, such as Isa and Kachi? Isa aims manually, and fires off a charged explosion,
while Kachi has an aim assist that semi-locks onto whatever you shoot, and fires off a charged multi-lock shot. Both characters have distinct approaches, which affects how you play through each level and take on bosses.

The game does have a downside of being a short one, but due to addicting gameplay, you'll want to replay the game over and over again.

The game sports a 2 player mode to play with a friend, but it isn't too great. Player 1 will still control the character onscreen, but Player 2 will only be a reticule, only able to shoot normal shots at foes. You work together to help build a high score. It isn't such a great feature for those who have experience with the game, but it is great for someone trying to get their friend into the game by being an active bystander, and giving them a small taste of the action.

Also, before I forget to mention, the game does support online leaderboards, for those of you who like to compete for high scores, giving this game some additional replay value. I myself found this to be interesting, and I don't even like competing on leaderboards!

The Controls:

You have 4 control types to choose from: Wii Remote+Nunchuk, GameCube, Classic, or Zapper. In all honesty, I only tried the Wii mote+Nunchuk control scheme, since it is already a solid control type to use. Aiming the reticule around has never felt any better, and button presses respond very nicely.
So long as you know what you are doing, then you will have complete control over your character. (In other words, you won't accidently melee instead of shoot, since both are mapped to the same button.)
From what I heard though, Classic and GameCube controls make the game more challenging. It makes sense when you think about it, but I just wanted to get that out there.

The Graphics:

Graphics are pretty good. Everything runs in 60fps constantly, and the character's design isn't too shabby either. Seeing this game in motion is a true treat,
and only enhances the intense action going onscreen. The graphics during gameplay are as good as ever, but graphics during cutscenes could have been done better at times.
However, the graphics are this game's weakest part, coming above the game's story though.

The Sound:

From all of the gun sounds, explosions, and the terrfic soundtrack, this game's sounds mixed with the graphics has you diving deap into the whole experience that is Sin and Punishment. The music matches the stage fairly well, and it just gets you in the mood for the resulting action that is to follow.

The English voice acting isn't too bad as well. It can be a little iffy at times, but it isn't terrible. The music is what I enjoyed the most though. Listening to this game's soundtrack is just a real treat.
Especially the credits song. With subtitles on, they even give you the translation of the ending credits. Nice little bonus.

Closing Comments:

To be honest, it may seem that I am very forgiving, but I just love this game that much to not find much fault with it. The weakest point would be the graphics and story, but I don't really look for graphics when selecting a game to purchase. And the story wasn't even a strong focus in this game either. So long as the game has the gameplay to back it up, then it is all good. Much like how this game is.
So, I give this 2 thumbs up, go check it out if you haven't already. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor goes for about $20 new in stores.

DAK075 - My 3rd review, woot! This one was done in a different fashion, but I stayed true to my style. I'll still rate in terms of thumbs. Hope you all like it. [/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening and Special Edition Review (PS2)"]Coming as soon as I beat Special Edition with both Vergil and Dante. (Vergil because I never played as him before, and Dante just to compare the original DMC3 to the Special Edition.)[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Circle Pad Pro Review (3DS)"]

The Circle Pad Pro. Most likely one of the most controversial attachments that Nintendo has ever made. Often being criticized for ripping off the PSVita's dual analog sticks, and for being too bulky and ugly (especially if you own something other than a black 3DS,) this device is actually not a bad thing.

The Facts:

Here we go.

The size of the Circle Pad Pro is not that big at all, despite the fact that pictures make it look bigger. It is about the same size as my PSP (3000) length wise, and it doesn't add too much weight to the 3DS. With the attachment on, the 3DS is about the same weight as a wireless 360 controller. The back is curved so that it fits your hands naturally, and the bigger size allows people with larger hands that may have had a problem with the 3DS cramping their hands no more.

As for how the 3DS is secured into the device, there are only rubber pads that keep the 3DS in place. Although it may sound like its not secured too well, if you turn the Circle Pad Pro upside down with the 3DS inside it and give it a good shake, the 3DS will not budge. However, once you put your 3DS in the device, note how you cannot remove the stylus or change game cards with the Circle Pad on, as the transmitter that communicates with the 3DS gets in the way. You also cannot access the wireless communications switch. You can still use volume control, headphone port, and plug your charger in with the Circle Pad on. If you're going to use the stylus, then take it out before you start playing.

The device adds not just the 2nd analog stick, but also 3 buttons: ZL, ZR, and an additional R button. Why the R button only? Because when you slide the 3DS into the device, the R button is not accessible, so the R button had to be added. These buttons are not pressure sensitive, so one click does all. As for the 2nd analog stick, it actually feels like it has a resistance or feel to it that is unlike the built in analog stick on your 3DS. If you ever use the device for the first time, you will know what I mean here. You get used to this however, so it is not a big deal.

The device communicates with your 3DS system via infrared signals, so it requires a single AAA battery that is included in the packaging. The battery is said to last for 480-500 hours. So you won't have to change batteries too often. What helps this long battery life is how the device will automatically shut down after 5 minutes of inactivity. So if you're playing a game, and you leave the 3DS on that game (whether the 3DS is in standby or not) the game will automatically change you back to default controls since it lost connection with the device. You'll have to manually go through the game's options to reactivate the Circle Pad controls. The good news is that if you boot up the game from the home menu with the Circle Pad Pro on your 3DS, the game that can use the device will automatically ask you if you want to use Circle Pad controls.

The device is only $20, so its a fair price for something so simple.

The Practicality:

So right now, there is only one game that can use the Circle Pad Pro, and that is Resident Evil Revelations. Other games that are to use the Circle Pad Pro are Metal Gear Solid 3DS: Snake Eater (which come out next week) and Kid Icarus: Uprising. So I am going to be honest with you: there is not much incentive to buy this just yet, unless you really want to.

However, I will say this: games that use the Circle Pad Pro become much smoother to play. I played Resident Evil with and without the Circle Pad, and I will say that it felt better to play with the Circle Pad. Even though default controls are good already for the game, the experience just feels smoother to navigate through the game with dual sticks, and even aiming feels good.

Unlike the default controls in which you are stuck in one location aiming, and when you strafe, your aim is fixed in the last position it was in. With dual sticks, you can do both at the same time, which is invaluable in a game such as RE. Plus the fact that your thumbs won't need to go to ABXY. All you need is A to heal, and B to quick turn, and you're fine. (A and X are used for zooming with the sniper scope) ZL aims, and ZR fires. I can talk about how the controls are like all day, but I highly recommend you try it out for yourself.

The Verdict:

I already bought the Circle Pad Pro, and I do not regret my decision. Its a solid device, and I highly recommend you get one when you get a game that uses it. The fact that this device is only $20 means you're not going to have to invest much money into this, which is an added bonus. Although I can see how some people may want to hold off right now, this is still something that you will want to pick up in the future.

DAK075 - I must say that the Circle Pad Pro impressed me after using it for about a day now. If game developers use it correctly, then the future for 3DS games will expand greatly. This odd looking device is something that should not be underestimated, or scoffed at.
[/COLLAPSE]

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
O.K. Here, I will post the date that each review was made. This is to evaluate how much my writing has grown throughout the years:
EDIT: O.K! Now the Pros and Cons of each game/console will be listed here!

[COLLAPSE="God Hand Review"]God Hand: Written November 11, 2009
Pros:
-Fun Game
- Challenging
- Great graphics
- Funny and memorable characters
- Solid gameplay
- Great soundtrack

Cons:
- Story can be lackluster
- Difficult game to find[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Greg Hastings Paintball 2 Review"]Greg Hastings Paintball 2: Written November 7, 2010
Pros:
- Realistic Paintball shooter
- Online is solid in terms of lack of any serious lag

Cons:
- Graphics are terrible
- Not a great shooter if you want something like CoD or Halo
- Options can be quite lackluster offline or online
- Everything seems too outdated[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Sin and Punishment: Star Successor Review"]Sin and Punishment: Star Successor: Written January 5, 2012
Pros:
- Challenging gameplay
- Solid controls
- Solid soundtrack
- Good graphics
- Great/addicting gameplay
- Online Leaderboards

Cons:
- Cutscenes are ok
- Story could have been better
- 2 Player mode could have been more
- Game is short[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Circle Pad Pro Review"]Circle Pad Pro: Written: February 8, 2012

Pros:
- Adds a 2nd analog stick
- Makes the 3DS better suited for bigger hands
- Adds the ZL and ZR buttons, which are buttons that are not included on the 3DS system itself
- Long lasting battery
- When games uses the device correctly, the device truly shines

Cons:

- Makes the 3DS less portable
- Blocks access to the stylus holder, game card, and wireless switch
- 2nd analog stick has a different feel to it than the stock one on the 3DS
[/COLLAPSE]

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You should have made a section for the things you liked and another for things you did not like about the games.
I'll try to incorporate that idea in future reviews. Thanks.

EDIT: Argh! I didn't make a Pros/Cons list in my Sin and Punishment review! Alright, I'll put the pros and cons of each game/console up with the date that each review was posted instead. The reviews themselves are already long, so it'll be more wise to make collapsing segments.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Alright, so all future reviews will already have a slot reserved for them. They will be labeled as "Coming Soon," until I have the review up. Once the review is up, I will post a reply saying so.

This is going to be interesting, since I won't do my usual long reviews that I did in the past. I will try making them more concise in a way that readers won't be discouraged by large bodies of text. (Proving to be more difficult. I like to cover as many details as possible. =P )

EDIT: Sin and Punishment: Star Successor review is up now! Next up is the 3DS review, my first review of a console, so stay tuned!

EDIT 2: Circle Pad Pro review is up. Should you buy it, or not?

Top Bottom