• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game speed is faster on certain stages?

octopod_

Smash Rookie
hey.

i'm playing Project M 3.5 with Dolphin 4.0 5738 64bit on a Lenovo Yoga 14 laptop, which the specifications is as follows:

Processor
Intel Core i5-4210U Processor( 1.70GHz 1600MHz 3MB)
Operating system
Windows 8.1 64
Display
14.0" FHD IPS LED Backlit 1920x1080
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M 2GB
Memory
8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L 1600 MHz
Hard Drive
1TB 5400 rpm
Network Card
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
Bluetooth
Bluetooth Version 4.0
Warranty
One year
Battery
4 Cell Li-Polymer
i'm also running Project M 3.5 off a patched ISO, which i've used the Project M 3.5 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide [3.5 READY!] thread to make. (I generated the Full Set ISO, not the netplay one)

now that i've got all that out of the way, on to the problem.

so the laptop suprisingly handles the game up to 720p @ 60fps (this is around the 1.5x - 2.0x native resolution range). occasionally the game stutters at both random and predictable times while strangely maintaining a 60 on the FPS counter display (ex. loading the stage list, the character entry animations at the beginning of a match, and some stage events), but that's a problem for another day.

so what i've noticed is on some maps, is the game speed is higher than normal (or that's the normal and all the other maps are slower).

i play with ness, and I noticed it while using his forward or back throw on the Dream Land stage. his throws on there are ridiculously fast, maybe twice as fast if not a little less than twice. i currently do not know if this is intended by the devs or my eyes are playing with me or what.

it's faster than another stage say like Delfino Plaza or something.

and the second part is that if i'm correct in that this is a problem, than i've no idea how to fix it. no options in-game (as far as i know) pertains to game speed, and I can't change much on the emulator side without playing with the FPS limit.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Make sure your framelimiter is on auto or 60 under config. Turn on show fps then you can see what your fps looks like. Make sure your power settings are on high performance.

Top Bottom