• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game puts me back on Wii menu

Large Dad

Smash Cadet
NNID
ITSYOPAPA
3DS FC
2680-9462-5670
I need help. For a while now, I did what the instruction tell me to do, but when I hit "Play" it takes me back to the Wii Menu.

This is the hackless version and I'm using the Wii's 1GB SD card.

I formatted it to FAT32 and copied the files from my computer and into the SD.

Is there something I'm not doing right?

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
I'm having the same problem too. I use homebrew ver. I think it has to do with custom stuff
EDIT: I believe I found the problem. Sometimes when I put my sd card in my laptop, it goes into protection mode even when I have my lock switch off. You could try deleting some custom content.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I found a solution. Replace the gct.
I have the same problem, what do you mean by .gct? Do I need to redownload PM and only replace the .gct files?

Also, on the PM downloads page it says that you can replace three things, .gct is one of them.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
I have the same problem, what do you mean by .gct? Do I need to redownload PM and only replace the .gct files?

Also, on the PM downloads page it says that you can replace three things, .gct is one of them.
You know the files you downloaded from the pm website? Take the gct from there and put it again in your ad card in the codes folder.

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
what is gct? like where do i take it from? screenshots would be really helpful

Large Dad

Smash Cadet
NNID
ITSYOPAPA
3DS FC
2680-9462-5670
I figured out my problem the day after this post. I just never got around it. I forgot to put in one last file. (The game config text document)

But thanks for the suggestions.

Top Bottom