• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game play analysis wanted! What would you have done differently?

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
try getting close for a dash attack its very useful past mid percent,land with some nairs or dairs i love jiggs dash attack

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Should have been shielding more as they were landing, as they had a tendency to throw out Robin's aerials to cover themselves
0:30 Should have just kept on drilling them into an edgeguard; should have edgeguarded them here in general
0:33 Don't bother spacing aerials like that when they're getting up from ledge unless it's explicitly a bait
Should have noticed they reeeeeally liked rolling behind you
1:40 Should have spared your jumps a bit so you could have edgeguarded low rather than retreating, and/or trumped instead of landing on stage (you got them anyway though)
1:50 Don't use Pound at low percents when you have the stock lead, ever. It will immediately get you killed against any character with a quick kill option. It's so enticing, I know because I do it all the time, but I hate myself for it.
Basically you used Pound a lot. They were kind of dumb for being hit by it all the time but you probably shouldn't use it as often as you were.

In general, space out their aerials and make them waste their Levin, and then go in. It's limited for a reason, and you should be baiting it out if possible. You don't even need to try and punish it, just make them waste it.

---

Pound sucks against Corrin for the most part. It's slower than other aerials and stops your momentum (which kills your effective reach), she has a billion ways to punish it and you don't really get much out of it because she can usually just nair to be safe afterwards. You look like you were looking for a shield break but even when the shield was low enough you didn't space it properly and got nothing for it.

I'm noticing now that you don't use nair very much. It's good; faster than fair, lasts longer, and kills eventually. Plus against Corrin it has the bonus of canceling the paralyzer and her fsmash, which you can pretty much push right through.

Speaking of which, you would often fair over her paralyzer but not use nair or anything to hit the endlag, you would just fade back. Dair would have also been a decent option since you were mostly approaching from above head level.

Plus, you weren't using any kill moves late percent besides going for randy dash attack. Nair, bair, uptilt are all good options, especially when you mix them up together. Like, you started doing that right after getting the cheese Rest kill, but not when bair should have been coming out more.

Also noticed you basically stopped shielding game 2. Not sure why.

Last edited:

theotheo

Smash Rookie
Thanks tons for the feedback! drakeirving, I really appreciate the tear down! (I hope I'm not coming off as sarcastic because criticism is a must!) Now that you say a lot of these things, I'm thinking, "Yep, why didn't I _______"

I hope the next post I can put up here improves on these things, and can bring some more of my problems to the table.

Thanks again!!

_clinton

Smash Master
This was done on training mode with a Mario on the center of the stage using various character's nairs but I think this info is useful

(character, kill %, angle they are knocked at pretty much)
Lucariro, 140 (max power 13% nair >^), 155 (12% power nair >^, 165 (11% power nair >^), 175 (10% power nair >^), 200 (9% power nair >^)

Ganondorf, 145 (>^, sweetspot 2nd hit), 185 (>^, sour 2nd hit)
WFT, 180 (^ both hits), 190 (^ 2nd hit) DB, 150 (^ both hits), 160 (^ 2nd hit)
Marth, 150 (>^, sweetspot 2nd hit)
Ike, 150 (^)
Samus, 150 (1st hit >)
Dedede, 155 (^^>)

Duck hunt, 160 (>^)
Jigglypuff, 160 (>^)
Peach, 165 (>^)
Luigi, 165 (^)
Metaknight, 165 (>^)
Ness, 170 (>^)
DK, 170 (>^)
link, 170 (>^)

Greninja, 180 (^^>)
Captain Falcon, 180 (>^, sweetspot 2nd hit)
Lucaina, 180 (>^)
Sonic, 185 (^^^>)
Rosalina, 185 (luma nair 1st hit >)

Pac-Man, 190 (>^)
Yoshi, 195 (>^)
ROB, 200 (^>^)
Bayonetta, 200 (>^)
villager, 205 (>^)
Charizard, (200 >^ sweetspot)
FOX, 220 (>^)

Anyway, I just found this info interesting. Jiggs' nair is awesome with no strings attached (doesn't last forever like Duck Hunt, she can move freely unlike Dedede, doesn't require a sweet spot unlike several others). Only nair that is truly better IMO is Samus' (and man that move is awesome).

Top Bottom