• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game-Modes besides Stock and Time.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Stamina mode needs to be a regular mode. If the max amount of HP was higher (1000-5000), we would have some really hype matches.

Definitely. We ought to be able to customize rules for stamina. Damage dealt would be directly converted to Stamina lost. Maybe have it so that the damage ratio is very low, so that lower stamina DOES make you fly farther, but not nearly as far as it would with the equivalent amount of damage.

Had to resurrect this thread. This discussion could go so much farther. =P

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Id like to see a king of the hill for sure! (If by king of the hill you mean: a timed mode where the one who has spent most seconds on a specific platform when the time runs out wins?).

I also hope they let the stamina-mode stay and make it a "real" mode like stock, time and coin with added options like how much hp each one have and so on. Even though I play stock like 99% of the time, the hp-mode was pretty enjoyable from time to time. It wouldnt bother me a second if coin-mode was removed.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Who said anything about Tamper? I mean just adding more modes. To be honest, playing Stock or Time gets pretty boring after a bit even with items. So I think having a king of the hill mode, or a carry the crown mode would be really fun.
Everything gets boring after a while with Items, because it makes stuff random.
The only thing that doesn't get boring is if you play competitively. Well, that can get boring too, but much later than the other things. Maybe because you would have a goal?

There are event matches for other types of modes. They have special conditions.

Other modes would imo just waste time they could spend on working on the characters/stages.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'd like to see a slayer type of game mode where the goal is to reach a certain amount of death count. It wouldn't affect 1 v 1 at all but it'd be great for free for all (though I'll admit it'd flawed to an extent).

Also I remember years ago hearing about possibly adding a king of the hill online smash game. Th rules are simple, you get spawned on a stage online and the goal is to get as many kills before being smashed off the stage. While you are waiting to get spawned to a new stage, you can watch how the match is going so far to prepare accordingly.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Time can be added to Stock Matches, right?
They should add Stock to Stamina matches.
At first I thought you were going to suggest that they give you the ability to add stock to time matches, and I was going to declare you brilliant for it too. It took me a second to realize the obvious problem.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
I want them to bring back the Melee handicap system, despite it being obscure and ridiculous. 3 people vs. 1 maxed handicapped computer brought a lot of laughs.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
At first I thought you were going to suggest that they give you the ability to add stock to time matches, and I was going to declare you brilliant for it too. It took me a second to realize the obvious problem.
They do have that. In fact, they time stock matches in tournaments. You know, I thought it would be funny if they kept the timer in stock matches so as to confound noobs who are still in denial about Melee's speed, who would otherwise think that the players are cheating somehow.

Top Bottom