• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch to be banned in tournaments or nerfed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoMbOy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pitts04
3DS FC
2208-7388-2882
If you've played smash then you've heard of Mr. Game and Watch. A very low tiered character who (no offense to you g and w players) kinda sucks....... Or does he? All of you know about his judge attack (see where I'm going here?) That has more effects, knockback, and damage if it lands a higher number, which is luck based. 9 being the best and 1 being the worst. 9s are AN INSTANT K.O. That being said, if you spam judge, its actually possible you can win in less than half a minute. I know this from experience, being eliminated from 2 tourneys by the SAME GUY who "mained" g and w. Honestly, if no tourney ban then a nerf to be like little macs K.O punch, killing at 16 percent for light characters and 48 percent for very heavy guys.. Whos with me? Reply what you think!

Last edited:

Folie

Smash Apprentice
what am I reading

this reads like a clickbait article

I'm getting trolled aren't I

Last edited:

Youbacon42

Smash Cadet
Oh boy, thanks for the awesome joke! I didn't laugh that hard in months.
Seriously though... What in the world makes you think that judge hammer is a reason to directly BAN a character? There is so much wrong with your reasoning...

1. G&W does Not have any solid True combo into 9. He does have a few true combos (which are hard to get) and a jab lock setup, but those are very character and percentage specific. The only way we get 9s is with Luck and Reads. The way you make it Sound, 9 is an unstoppable KO Mode (by the way, on occasions you can survive the 9 at low%). There is a 'Shield' button and something called perfect shielding, you know... or airdodging... or... dodge...

2. IT'S LUCK BASED. Don't act like we get 9s all day long. I am the sort of unlucky person Who rather gets the lower numbers, even After my fair lock setup. So even if we get the Hammer hit, we still can get a 1 and be open for every counter attack.

3. How did you lose Not one, but two SETS against a judge spamming G&W? That's like getting Hit by like 8 9s minimum. Even 12 if the tournament was three stock. That for one is extreme luck, but also your not-dodging is Most likely a factor which made that Possible After all. Just Press that Shield button, or even better, use a projectile. Done. And if this is such a broken strat, why did nobody win a tournament using this 'totally viable' strat, hmmmm?

I believe I wrote enough... 3 AM and stuff. Thanks against for the Wonderful joke.

Oh, and um... no. G&W doesn't suck, to get that out of the way too. He isn't even close to being low tier, what are you talking about.

GMan1255

Smash Cadet
Lol, yea okay. Judge can be shielded unlike little macs K.O punch, it is slower, and it isn't a guaranteed K.O either like the K.O punch at low percents. And there is only a 1 in 9 chance you get a 9. 6, 7, and 9 are the only useful numbers. 8, 5, and 4 are okay, and 3, 2, 1 are just useless. I would argue 8 is useless too because you can't combo off of it. Nice try troll, go back to reddit and spread your salt over there

HaxMiner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5300-9452-8037
This post actually gave me cancer. Please stop this before its too late. 1 like = 1 chemo.

Denzill7

Smash Cadet
What? Don't diss the 9. I thought this was gonna be something about his bucket in doubles, but it's just something absurdly stupid.

Last edited:

WoMbOy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pitts04
3DS FC
2208-7388-2882
Warning Received
OK, I know you guys have been looking forward to a reply, so here it is. Well, this was a half troll. The story WAS true, the tourney ban was the troll. I also believe he SHOULD be nerfed, making it harder to hit a 9. And yes Mr toon link kid, that would be HILARIOUS if Etika posted a video on this XD (also I realized a pattern here 2/3 of the people here are g and w mains XD) so yea this was meant to make you laugh, cry, or rage, (I'm looking at you, youbacon42) not to give you cancer. Sorry Mr baldie *cough cough* hax miner *cough cough* :smash: 9 9 9 9 9!!!!!!!!!!!!:4gaw:

Oh boy, thanks for the awesome joke! I didn't laugh that hard in months.
Seriously though... What in the world makes you think that judge hammer is a reason to directly BAN a character? There is so much wrong with your reasoning...

1. G&W does Not have any solid True combo into 9. He does have a few true combos (which are hard to get) and a jab lock setup, but those are very character and percentage specific. The only way we get 9s is with Luck and Reads. The way you make it Sound, 9 is an unstoppable KO Mode (by the way, on occasions you can survive the 9 at low%). There is a 'Shield' button and something called perfect shielding, you know... or airdodging... or... dodge...

2. IT'S LUCK BASED. Don't act like we get 9s all day long. I am the sort of unlucky person Who rather gets the lower numbers, even After my fair lock setup. So even if we get the Hammer hit, we still can get a 1 and be open for every counter attack.

3. How did you lose Not one, but two SETS against a judge spamming G&W? That's like getting Hit by like 8 9s minimum. Even 12 if the tournament was three stock. That for one is extreme luck, but also your not-dodging is Most likely a factor which made that Possible After all. Just Press that Shield button, or even better, use a projectile. Done. And if this is such a broken strat, why did nobody win a tournament using this 'totally viable' strat, hmmmm?

I believe I wrote enough... 3 AM and stuff. Thanks against for the Wonderful joke.

Oh, and um... no. G&W doesn't suck, to get that out of the way too. He isn't even close to being low tier, what are you talking about.
Dude. Read the reply I wrote up above. Rage much?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
it's luck based, if game and watch really was op don't you think more people would be using him

Furret24

Smash Master
OK, I know you guys have been looking forward to a reply, so here it is. Well, this was a half troll. The story WAS true, the tourney ban was the troll. I also believe he SHOULD be nerfed, making it harder to hit a 9. And yes Mr toon link kid, that would be HILARIOUS if Etika posted a video on this XD (also I realized a pattern here 2/3 of the people here are g and w mains XD) so yea this was meant to make you laugh, cry, or rage, (I'm looking at you, youbacon42) not to give you cancer. Sorry Mr baldie *cough cough* hax miner *cough cough* :smash: 9 9 9 9 9!!!!!!!!!!!!:4gaw:
9 has piss poor range and hits frame 16. Landing a 9 is already hard enough as is, why should it get nerfed to make it even harder to land?

On a somewhat related note, KO Punch is far superior because it can't be shielded and can be true combo'ed into from Down Tilt. 9 barley comes close to taking off half of a shield's health.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Admitting to trolling is never a good idea, much less making a thread like this.

Everyone else replying is in the same boat. Just ignore and report next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom