• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch is gay. (Kirby vs. GW help).

metaXzero

Smash Champion
How do you do this battle? I ask this because GW has alot of priotity on Kirby when mid-air.

And GW's Bair is realy REALLY gay.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I dont know lol, i lost to GW in tourney, its so hard to play against him, his dair is sick, his uair messes up ur game, his down smash is very good, least of all his f&*%ing Bair is the most retardedly broken move in the game.

I think to play GW effectively u have to counter. So keep ur finger on the that L or R button cuz ur gonna need it all match. I think Campy play is the way to go, and some stage assisted kills from neutral B could work

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Yeah. Bair is what is pissing me off. It out-prioritizes most (if not all) of Kirby's attacks and when I shield it, it shield-stabs me.

Is there ANY way around it?

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
He has very low lag spammable moves and the only way to play against him is basically read what he is going to do and then react and counter it. His dair beats our up attacks, his bair beats everything in the **** game and with these two it becomes really, really hard to approach him.

If you can learn his habits, you can try to predict him and punish him but overall it's a very hard fight and you have to play somewhat campy and defensive.

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
Florida; I consider myself a decent brawl player.
He has very low lag spammable moves and the only way to play against him is basically read what he is going to do and then react and counter it. His dair beats our up attacks, his bair beats everything in the **** game and with these two it becomes really, really hard to approach him.

If you can learn his habits, you can try to predict him and punish him but overall it's a very hard fight and you have to play somewhat campy and defensive.
This.

You must be very patient and wait for him to attack. Don't let him trick you into false openings either, like "Zomg he did a down smash, I'm gonna go and attack now", it won't work. Game and Watch barely has any lag on his moves, so block throw is your friend here.

Another thing you can do is use Up B to lure him towards you, don't be predictable with it though, because I'm pretty sure he can fill his bucket with it.

Overall the fight sux, just don't be offensive, you'll die in no time if you do.

DarKirby92

Smash Cadet
This is what i learned from a crazy Fox, maybe it'll work with G&W:

Stay back, wait for him to come to you, let him make a mistake. Shieldgrab, sidestep and punish. If you make him go nuts on the offensive, the battle is in your hands.

Edit: Deg sorta beat me to it, but i think i got some different stuff in there...maybe

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
This is what i learned from a crazy Fox, maybe it'll work with G&W:

Stay back, wait for him to come to you, let him make a mistake. Shieldgrab, sidestep and punish. If you make him go nuts on the offensive, the battle is in your hands.

Edit: Deg sorta beat me to it, but i think i got some different stuff in there...maybe
Yeah kinda, this also goes to what I said earlier. If you happen to sidestep an attack that barely has no lag, like the hammers I mentioned earlier, don't even try to foward smash after the sidestep, he's just gonna sidestep you and punish. Don't fall for false openings! :D

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
So it looks like A LOT of shield grabbing and defensive tilts? does GW get superarmor when he uses upB???

i couldn't seem to Dair him when he upB'd

and another very interesting question, Does Inhale beat GW's Bair???????

Basic

Smash Cadet
I have a friend that mains GW and he's really irritating when he uses his absorbing bucket when I'm coming back up with final cutter. After 3 absorbs, he waits for an opening and sends me flying. I just learned that the best way to counter GW is to read him and predict, depending on who is using him.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
So he can bucket the shockwave...means sweetspotting the edge is your best bet.

If you see him starting an u-air and he's right below you, using Stone might not be a bad idea. Just don't overuse it.

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like A LOT of shield grabbing and defensive tilts? does GW get superarmor when he uses upB???

i couldn't seem to Dair him when he upB'd

and another very interesting question, Does Inhale beat GW's Bair???????
I'm pretty sure G & W doesn't get super armor from up B, but his up B hurts you. I don't believe you can inhale a back air since that turtle is so far away from his body.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
What a coincidence, there's a Kirby vs. G-Dub matchup discussion going on in tactical at the same time as this.
There's not much you can do against the turtle except run and hope that its small amount of ending lag will allow Kirby to punish GW.
Also, since G-Dub can outrange Kirby in the air fairly well, it's important to keep the aerial hammer ready and to use it early to compensate for windup lag.
Like someone said earlier, this match is all about punishment. Kirby can avoid most of G-Dub's attacks, so wait for an opening and take it right away.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Neutral B works but u have to space it well, its more or less effective though so its something to work with
I wanna see a vid :)
Cause yea I'd like to see the spacing for myself, haven't played too many G&Ws. I have still noticed that their Bair is obnoxious however.

Top Bottom