• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W's weight

Should G&W's weight increase

• Yasssss make him heavier

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Or nahhh keep him the way he is

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

UnickyXcomix

Smash Rookie
NNID
UnickyXcomix
3DS FC
3668-7920-3987
Let's talk about my man G&W's weight real quick-like. Do you think that G&W being the second lightest character (According to Nintendo) holds G&W back alot? Don't get me wrong he's far from bad (Being that he is my second Smash 4 main and all). I feel as if he should be alot heavier. I got K.O'd at 48% by Shulks Usmash slightly charged and he wasn't even using the Smash art in Smash 3ds FD. he was at 138 (I think, but over 100 for sure). Anyways, what do you all think?

DriveSober

Smash Rookie
I don't have the exact statistics memorized, but G&W has always been a light, fragile character. Of course being heavier would be nice, but I don't think that survival security is an integral part of his fighting style. G&W is a character that is meant to die easily but makes up for it in other ways. Even the trophy says that he's light due to only having 2-dimensions, and I personally believe it's an intelligent design choice. A much more pressing issue in Sm4sh is that he is way too weak and has way too much lag, invalidating a lot of his options as a "glass cannon" and a slippery poker. It's one thing to have a risky non-robust playstyle, but it's another to have all of the risk and none of the reward, dying early and not having any teeth yourself.

I'm torn on the poll because I'm all for any buff to G&W (because he's quite awful as it is now), but I don't think adding weight is the way to go.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
He's heavier than he was in Melee. I'd much rather trade some of the weight for extra priority. It's not the 'not getting hit' part that's the problem with G&W right now but the 'can't harm opponents much' part. He's a glass cannon without the cannon. I want the cannon part back.

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
While we're on the subject of ways Game and Watch can get buffed, I feel like his side tilt could be a little bit faster, and down tilt could use a buff as well, in this game it is absolutely useless.

I'd trade those weird windboxes for extra priority and weight, lol.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Well being a 2d man it makes sense but I like his weight he just doesn't get combo as easily as say megaman, bowser.I really like him in this game but he dose need some reduce end lag on his Dtilt and all of his airs.

Top Bottom