• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W Neutral B Slide

Ephenilliac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ephenilliac
3DS FC
5455-9900-2775
Apparently it's possible to slide while using G&W's neutral B. This has happened to me on quite a few occasions but I still don't know how to properly get it consistently or even know how and why it happens.

Video for reference (skip to 1:38) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZquJ29YigE

If anybody knows what's happening here or can find out how to do it, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share, as something like this could be useful.

To note, you can also do it on the main stage and not just platforms (again, I've only ever had this happen to me on accidents).

Folie

Smash Apprentice
Video's private, but I know what you're talking about, it was brought up somewhere in the subforum a while ago but no one figured out how to replicate it, though I don't think anyone really put much effort to figuring it out since it wouldn't be really meta-breaking if we even did know how to consistently replicate it

Ephenilliac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ephenilliac
3DS FC
5455-9900-2775
Sorry, the video was made unlisted. But JKBUK's slide is what I am trying to figure out how to do.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
I've used it, never in tournament, but in friendlies and sometimes FG.
I actually made an example video to show people in the G&W Skype group who didn't know about it.
Oh and here's me using it to troll on FG at a minute in:
I've got the timing down to 50% accuracy but I don't see too many chances to use it against good players.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I thought this was going to be a grounded wavebounce (something probably worth labbing) but it's not. Looks to me like landing during a certain part of the animation carries his momentum. I assume this has to be done while landing, anyway.

CaikLazer

Smash Cadet
Omg I agree about the dedede matchup thing! My good friend is a DDD main and he hates my GW cause I learned how to use bacon effectively! LOL

Top Bottom