• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W combo against captain falcon

phantoon

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, I haven't seen anyone post about this but I've been doing this combo on falcons for a while now. Basically since the patch before 1.0.8 the knockback of utilt was changed which was a really.... weird change but anyway i thought all combos were lost at the time but that's not the case at all. Basically against falcon i found this one (bear in mind it only works in the range of 3-10% iirc): dthrow -> utilt -> dthrow -> utilt -> double bair if they DI behind you OR nair + upB if they're directly above you.

Now i ought to explain a bit since this probably looks weird as hell. When you first dthrow -> utilt, falcon ends up behind you and you are able to regrab him if you turn around quickly and press grab (don't accidentally dash! :p) at which point you can repeat the process and do aerials to finish the combo.

This combo CAN work if falcon is at 0%, however skilled falcons will simply shield the utilt and punish you, so beware.

This combo might be able to also work on falco but i haven't tested that properly and in FG whenever i tried it i got inconsistent results.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble with the double bair after the up tilts it's not hitting all the full hits and they escape and can punish me from underneath maybe they are not high enough precent yet? I miss the good days when you can uptilt falcon to like 45 then nair then up b then fair haha stay mad falcon

phantoon

Smash Cadet
after the first bair i usually fastfall until i'm almost on the ground and then quickly jump and bair again. the timing is kind of strict and sometimes you'll only land one bair: it's all up to your opponents DI really. if after the second dthrow + utilt they DI directly above try a nair instead of bair (uair works too but i personally go for nair). but hey, if you only land one bair it's better than nothing, at least you have a poor (but still decent) version of the combo before utilt got its knockback changed :p

Last edited:

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
You mean something like this?

then yeah, it's a pretty good combo, it can kill on certain stages too, if you get the up b to connect.

phantoon

Smash Cadet
You mean something like this?

then yeah, it's a pretty good combo, it can kill on certain stages too, if you get the up b to connect.
nope, this one at 7:20

EDIT: sorry that i didn't post this video in the OP, at the time i didn't have this video as proof :p

Last edited:

CaikLazer

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, I haven't seen anyone post about this but I've been doing this combo on falcons for a while now. Basically since the patch before 1.0.8 the knockback of utilt was changed which was a really.... weird change but anyway i thought all combos were lost at the time but that's not the case at all. Basically against falcon i found this one (bear in mind it only works in the range of 3-10% iirc): dthrow -> utilt -> dthrow -> utilt -> double bair if they DI behind you OR nair + upB if they're directly above you.

Now i ought to explain a bit since this probably looks weird as hell. When you first dthrow -> utilt, falcon ends up behind you and you are able to regrab him if you turn around quickly and press grab (don't accidentally dash! :p) at which point you can repeat the process and do aerials to finish the combo.

This combo CAN work if falcon is at 0%, however skilled falcons will simply shield the utilt and punish you, so beware.

This combo might be able to also work on falco but i haven't tested that properly and in FG whenever i tried it i got inconsistent results.
Thanks for the combo I use it ALOT. Very good.

Last edited:

Folie

Smash Apprentice
this was mentioned before, idk where, but I think we figured this out back when the utilt change happened

Top Bottom