• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W and Pikachu

Rebelli0n

Smash Cadet
Hey ive been playing sonic for a few weeks now, and i started to like him. (except for the fact that his moves are under prioritized) anyways been playing my friends who use Mr. G&W and pikachu and i was wondering if yall had some tips? Mr. G&W uses alot of ariel attacks especially that Dair (key of god) his range on his atttacks kill me as well. And the pikachu ive been having trouble with him edge gaurding with that stupid lighting bolt, also having trouble approching him cause pikachu's neutral b attack interupts my dashes and spins.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I'm not huge on strategy but what you can do is study their attacks and wait. Since both the thunder and the key have lag after the attack, dodge and then hit with a quick smash. It is really all about their play style and you just need to either mess with them and use quick jumps and attacks to out manuever them like sonic was made for or you can just dodge and wait for the right moment. Try hitting the pikachu with the spring as well so it interrupts him before he can get the thunder to work.

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
If theyre your friends you fight against a lot, eventually you will get used to how they play...like pikachu cancelling your spin attacks, don't use them unless you are incredibly close or come in from above instead of dashing straight towards him.

Top Bottom