• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future E3 means... DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just want to point out how much this game garnished everything for Nintendo at E3. It won; the tournament, the roundtable, treehouse play, the reveals. It was golden.

If they plan on having the tournament alone in the future, they can continue to build hype.
I'm sure that they will continue to milk this series for themselves in every way possible.
Obviously every year will not be THIS big, but I think every year can still add something for them with Smash, if they have events of different sorts. Tournaments seem a given.

I think the obvious is that DLC characters seem like an obvious option to have each year.
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this, or how nintendo will use SSB at E3 in the future (on a possible yearly basis?)

I can easily see it being somethig every year, so that people will be left wondering 'what smash event will Nintendo pull out this year!?'

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I just want to point out how much this game garnished everything for Nintendo at E3. It won; the tournament, the roundtable, treehouse play, the reveals. It was golden.

If they plan on having the tournament alone in the future, they can continue to build hype.
I'm sure that they will continue to milk this series for themselves in every way possible.
Obviously every year will not be THIS big, but I think every year can still add something for them with Smash, if they have events of different sorts. Tournaments seem a given.

I think the obvious is that DLC characters seem like an obvious option to have each year.
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this, or how nintendo will use SSB at E3 in the future (on a possible yearly basis?)
I think Nintendo will just hand out limited Super Smash Brothers merchandise to continue exposure to the game and prolong hype thrusters.

Another tournament would not wow as much people, unless they revealed more characters only for that tournament and got back the pros to play the game.

It would have to be spaced out; otherwise, people would not get as excited for Tournaments since it would be fatigued.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Honestly, I don't see smash being shown on a yearly basis, as concluding a show with DLC is the kind of thing reserved for EA. I feel like it could be shown off in a Nintendo direct, but DLC isn't the kind of thing t normally hype the Nintendo crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom