• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future commentator here, could you please give me some tips?

Phoenix_667

Smash Rookie
Well I'm totally new here on smashboards, so I'm sorry if I'm not posting in the right place.

Some friends of mine organized a small SSB community in our city (Copiapo, Chile) and we frequently hang out and play Smash Wii U mostly. Now they are organizing a tournament and they asked me to be a commentator. Now I got a tiny bit of experience on radio so my voice and diction should not be an issue, and I'm confident on my knowledge of technical play jargon. But this will be my first time commentating a tournament, and even if it is a small local event, I want to do it as good as I can. So I figured out I'd look for online SSB sites to ask for some advice. Any help you guys could give me will be much appreciated, and if you are interested on a incredibly low-scale tournament commentated in spanish I could post the video on here afterwards (we're probably going to post it on YouTube, original idea was to stream it but we don't have a strong enough internet connection.

Thanks in advance! c:

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Hey! Here's some tips.
1: Be Intresting
One of my favorite commentators is D1 not just because of his DESTRUCTION call outs but because he's intresting. He has a very interesting way of pointing things out. Watch some commentary with him in it

2: Pay Attention
This is very important. If someone does something worth noting, note it! People enjoy hearing the commentators talk about different tech players use and how one players should see what the other is doing and punish ect.
Example
"Now mang0 seems to have a tendency to miss his teching, so Leffen has a chance right now to run in and jab reset into up smash" so talk about what players Shiism do vs what they actually do

3: Between Sets
Recap interesting sets so far or talk about the last set with your fellow commentator or interview players for a enjoyable viewer experience

Hope I helped!!

Top Bottom