• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fun little thing I did against a pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
I have a friend who just LOVES to spam projectiles.

this is specialy annoying with his pikachu, because it makes it hard for me to reach him with Bowser in a non predictable way.

However, something funny I've taken to doin is ramming al of his projectiles with the dash attack, and as soon as contact is made, i dash forward again to continue aproaching.

I tought it was funny, Bowser kinda just stubbornly charging at the enemy, while the electricity just hits his head and vanishes harmlessly.

I dont know how effective a tactic this could be really, but I found its an ok way to aproach a projectile spammer without taking damage. And when you cancel the projectile with Bowser's head, you seem to be reverted straight to a walking animation with little to no lag.

In teory this should work as well with mario and luigis fireballs, but i'm not sure about Samus's missiles or Doc's vitamins.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
So it took you THIS long to figure it out? Did you even know that ALL of Bowser's attacks can do that? (except the down air)

EDIT: dude it works on every projectile in the game, with the exception of lasers.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
*So it took you THIS long to figure it out? Did you even know that ALL of Bowser's attacks can do that? (except the down air*

Hurr..I'm so 1337, cuz I figured something out before someone else.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i dash attack through missiles all the time, dash attack actually has some nice priority, it tings with a lot of marth's sword attacks the timing is right, this'll probaly be closed in a bit LOL

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Well i cancel missiles with the ftilt, I understand the concept is there. What surprised me is the canceling effect in the rest of the super ultra lag that the dash attack produces, returning bowser to the standing frame quickly, wich enables you to resume your dash and maybe dash attack again if the projectiles are being spammed. If you were to counter a missile spamming samus by breaking every missile with the ftilt, you would stand still and just waste time. but if you use the dash attack on each missile, you're making progress forward, wich will force your oponent to stop spamming when you get too close.

This was what i was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom