• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fulgore for ssbb

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice

He was in an older Nintendo fighter, Killer Instinct.
And I think it's time Super Smash Bros. actually includes a fighting character, since it is a fighting game :)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cant be done, killer instinct is own by rare (it is rite?), so since rare is owned by microsoft, I doubt we'll c him anytime soon in smash or a nintendo console for that matter...

Unless killer instinct aint property of rare then ignore my post...

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Cant be done, killer instinct is own by rare (it is rite?), so since rare is owned by microsoft, I doubt we'll c him anytime soon in smash or a nintendo console for that matter...

But he would be single handedly the most AWESOME addition possible!

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice

Yes, but then so is Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, but they are still put in Nintendo Games, because they are owned by Nintendo AND Rare. Banjo Kazooie and Conker were only owned by Rare, so they went to microsoft along with Rare. Killer Instinct was much like the Donkey Kong series in that it was partly owned by Nintendo. Even the Arcade versions of the game had the Nintendo Logo.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Diddy and donkey kong belong to nintendo, not rare, get ur facts straight, also Killer instinct is 100% owned by rare, never was it owned by nintendo...

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Ever since Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong and all of it's characters have been Co-owned by Rare (then Rareware), and you can find the Rare symbol in or on many of the Donkey Kongs games prior. But Nintendo still does own the rights to it, which is why Rare can still develop on it, but only for Nintendo systems (Diddy Kong Racing DS).

Nintendo had ownership of Killer Instinct as well as Rare, so it is a possibilty that Nintendo still owns rights to it. Then again, maybe they don't, I don't know, but they might.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
Ever since Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong and all of it's characters have been Co-owned by Rare (then Rareware), and you can find the Rare symbol in or on many of the Donkey Kongs games prior. But Nintendo still does own the rights to it, which is why Rare can still develop on it, but only for Nintendo systems (Diddy Kong Racing DS).

Nintendo had ownership of Killer Instinct as well as Rare, so it is a possibilty that Nintendo still owns rights to it. Then again, maybe they don't, I don't know, but they might.
"Donkey Kong and all of it's characters have been Co-owned by rare?"

yes, but they're 100% nintendo, just look at Diddy's Hat!

"you can find the rare symbol in or on many of the donkey kong games prior?"

yes, but as i said above ^, they're 100% OWNED BY NINTENDO! Get your facts straight. They represent Rareware, but they're owned by nintendo. Is that what you're trying to say or something?

On DKR:DS, they didn't have Tip-tup and Banjo-kazooie on there, and they're 100% owned by rareware. Diddy got on, but they didn't. Wonder Why? BECAUSE THEY AREN'T OWNED BY NINTENDO!

I don't think that Nintendo and Rareware ever OWNED the rights to Killer Instinct, but who knows. Hint the words: I think. So don't flame me please, cause i don't know!

And I think it's time Super Smash Bros. actually includes a fighting character, since it is a fighting game
And that's it? That's your only REASON! You've got to be KIDDING me! LOL!
Is he popular? no
is he a main character? no
how many games has he been in? maybe one
does he have a fanbase? maybe, maybe not....
is he a minor and optional character? yes
is he owned by nintendo? no

Give me some more facts, details, reasonings, background history, and a list of games that he's appeared in, and THEN come back and start talking about him being in Brawl. Until then, no for me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Rare NEVER owned any Donkey Kong character. Nintendo gave them permission to use their characters to make them a game. That's it. No owning rights.

Except for Rare owning Killer Instinct, and Microsoft owning rare.

And for there already being an existing topic about Killer Instinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom