• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ftilt Combo Question

neji49

Smash Cadet
I've been using Shiek for a bit and when I first came here somebody posted the combo ftilt-ftilt, ftilt,etc. However, when I tried it, the comms shielded then grabbed me so I changed things. I originally assumed it was false, but now it doesn't seem like it? Do you need specific timing or somethign to execute the combo? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's a true combo somewhere around the 30-50% area. CPs will immediately punish you for attempting to follow up on false combos because they read your button inputs.

neji49

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's usually the CPUs that shield grab me for it. So are you saying it'll have a larger margin on player characters?

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Most def. But the opponent can still DI remember. If they DI away, then ok, just follow them. But if they start getting close, then stop and rethink because they can DI toward you and footstool jump you.

Top Bottom