• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fthrow footstool combo?

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
Hey Pika players (mainly ESAM, but anyone can try this)

I don't have a Wii, but can you try this -

grab -> forward throw -> QAC -> footstool lock?

I remember QAC allowed me one more attack on certain f-throw chainable characters, which leads me to think that QAC to footstool may be a viable option.

also, try backthrow -> QAC -> footstool, sh-uair->footstool.

Thanks pika players!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The backthrow one wouldn't work, i can tell you this without testing it. It sends them too high in the air for the pika to be able to do anything before they can react. The f-throw one seems more viable, but i don't really understand what you are trying to say...

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
you know how for the fthrow you can run and grab them again? If I remember correctly, QACing right under them after you throw is just as fast. (you can end your cg with a QAC to nair if the opponent flies too far away).

However, it seems like you might be able to QAC under them, jump, and footstool them to start the lock...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
But they would be standing...so it would be like quickfooting more than the lock.

gallax

Smash Hero
the only thing that i could see that would help with a lock using the fthrow is if the opponent forgot to tech. it never hurts to throw a QA their way just in case they do miss it...although i doubt it would happen.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
In one of anther's new video what you just said happens gallax, but its not a footstool combo, its just a QAL

Top Bottom