• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frustrating Things That Cause You to Lose? (For me its landing lag)

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
One of the things that I find myself frustrated with TL is landing lag. So many times I have lost a game because I couldnt put a shield up (or attack) in time after landing from the air in different situations. My opponent should not have gotten the hit off but TL decides to be a bit of a grandpa once coming from the air adding an extra get up animation (1 sec). Oh my toon joints hurt or something he looks like. Im not even sure what to do about the landing lag because Im not certain when it happens versus when it does not. My current solution is to try to jump less or space as much as I can when landing. What frustrating thing causes you to lose games as Toonlink?
Do you have solutions?

Last edited:

Dr[?}

Smash Cadet
My bad habit of throwing the boomerang, right before landing. It's easy to read, after I do it a few times, so it gets me in trouble. Also playing aggressive (up close & personal) gets me in trouble a bit

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
My bad habit of throwing the boomerang, right before landing. It's easy to read, after I do it a few times, so it gets me in trouble. Also playing aggressive (up close & personal) gets me in trouble a bit
Yeah that landing lag will kill you first, then the boomerang anticipation animation gets you second. Thats a huge window of time for fast characters to punish. It makes me wonder what speed is toonlink suppose to be? He's not fast (his attacks arent the fastest), but he's not slow at completely slow either at things like running.

Top Bottom