• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frio Alphicans Technique Spots (FAT Spots) *Video is Up*

Alphicans

Smash Hero
FRIO ALPHICANS TECHNIQUE SPOTS (FAT SPOTS)

INTRO​

My partner Frio I have discovered a new technique. We are able to fully charge GaW's bucket with just one thunder on almost every stage in multiple locations. We decided to call this technique FAT spots. Despite the humorous name, this technique is actually really amazing, and will make your pika/gaw team much more effective!

First off we'd like to recognize the Japanese brawl players who first formed the basic idea for this technique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNjZ5QQ6bA&feature=channel_video_title (As seen in this video). Now if you actually try to attempt this exactly as shown, you'll find it impossibly hard to space. After pretty much dumb luck, we have found that spacing this vertically, and not horizontally makes getting the full (onehitKO) bucket VERY easy.

THE VIDEO IS NOW UP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5gkdUxJOzw

EXPLANATION

The technique is rather simple itself. You are trying to catch the lightening balls that appear underneath Pikachu while he thunders (demo picture will go here). This is rather difficult if you try doing it horizontally as the Japanese did. Therefore, Frio and I have discovered easy to use vertical positions on almost every stage. This is best done by having Pikachu on a platform above GaW. It’s simple and has almost no risk since the thunder cannot harm the GaW below Pikachu and both characters have invincibility frames. It’s also a very fast and deadly charge for the bucket.

EXAMPLE

Until we make the video, I'll explain a very useful example of this technique. We have found that battlefield offers probably the best set-up of all the neutrals, and spacing it so you get all three bucket components is simple. Have pikachu on the top platform and roll to either edge, then have GaW on one of the other two platforms, and have him roll to/get as close to the edge (closest to pikachu) as possible, and have the two characters facing away from eachother. Pika will do thunder, GaW will bucket, and if done correctly you will now have a full bucket. Of course if you practice this enough, rolling won't be required, and lots of time will be saved (****ty GaW roll :/).

We are able to perform this technique on the stages listed here* (Some in more than one place): Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pokémon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, and Brinstar.

*It can be done on many more stages but these are the most easy and realistic stages it can be accomplished on.

For convenience sake we have pictures of each stage and where you can perform the technique below: *WILL ADD THESE SOON*

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Full guide will be up within a week.

I decided to make a thread dedicated to this because I do feel it's a significant metagame changer in teams. Perhaps more GaW and pika teams will emerge from this.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for posting this, but this is kinda old news. It's not too easy to do when 2 opponents are giving you no breathing room.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I'd like to point out that while we're calling it our technique, the purpose of this thread is to show the spots where this technique can be performed with great ease.

I am not dumb enough to assume no one has seen this, but there has been no guide on where to do it on each stage.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Didn't we have a doubles AT thread started a while ago? The guy who made it only posted one thing about Uairing MK...Why don't we restart that thread with this in it?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It's not G&W, but I'm sure a lot of these spots work for his bucket too.

[yt]rs7emHQ7nlw[/yt]

Bonus vid!
[yt]LP95gUcODIQ[/yt]

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Interestingly enough, a lot of those spots don't work with the bucket.

That bonus vid is exactly the type of setup frio and I have been working out. It's fast and fairly hard to punish.

EDIT: Tomorrow I am going to Frio's house and we're gonna get at least pictures, and if someone brings something to record with then we'll make a video.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I too have a Pika partner.

We played some doubles online today, and were able to use it once.

Top Bottom