• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friggin' lasers.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Okay, so I've been having a lot of trouble getting by Falco's lasers with Mewtwo.

What I usually do is spot-wavedash out of my shield with a d-tilt upon the Falco's approach. It works, however I usually get shot in the face after and grabbed.

I'd assume that mewtwo's full jump is out of the question, considering it's huge like an X-Box. I've also tried DJC'd nairs and fairs and whatnot, just for that extra horizontal distance on the claw.

Anyways, help would be appreciated.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
lol airo hates shl
So.
here's my experience.

Rather high lasers can be wd'd under. very strange, but it works.
everything else, you get hit/tele/get hit so it sucks.
for now.

powershielding would be a great option were it so easy as the level 9 so blatantly shows us...

quak

Smash Champion
yes you should powersheild all of them

but assuming ur human...

wavedash out of you shield, into your shield. Though you have to get the timing down so your shield is up when the laser hits, it is very effective and easy to do. (this is assuming ur on fd, otherwise try to use platforms)

easiest way to do it is hold down R, and wavedash normally with L. Or vice versa if you wd with r.

FastFox

BRoomer
Yeah, I've tried wavedashing out of my shield into another.

I think I just need to get the timing down, because whenever I do it I get another laser shot at me right away, which lags the shield and then I'm either dair'd or grabbed.

Powershielding is definately something I never took into consideration. Thanks for reminding me XD.

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, it's a little tough to get the rhythm down, but it'll click, keep in mind you should be watching the falco the entire time, cause you already know where mewtwo is, and have mastered his movement right?

FastFox

BRoomer
Yeah. It's one of the reasons why I play Mewtwo. He looks awesome when he moves.

But yeah, I'm working on slipping in a f-tilt in between the time Falco decides to approach and when he'd actually connect with a hit. F-tilt is fast.

quak

Smash Champion
so is the uptilt, and that can lead to comboage against a falco, but then again, it's a little harder to hit/time...

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Falco can camp all day with lasers against Mewtwo because Mewtwo needs gimmicky approach methods. Until you can powershield consistently, I would personally try to put the battle into the air and bait attacks from Falco. Also play offensively, to limit his opportunities to toss lasers.

Top Bottom