• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

{Friday, 6/12} Clown the Competition 6 *NOW WEEKLY!*

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
You read the title correctly, guys- Clown the Competition is FINALLY being held weekly! Unless I say otherwise, these tournaments are going to be held every Friday night at 7:00 CST, and will be streamed at the all-new www.twitch.tv/mechakoopagaming channel!

Last week, XPantiX took Grand Finals through the winner's bracket with a reverse sweep over ST| Keep! It was a great conclusion to an exciting tournament, and we're hoping for an even bigger turnout and finish to this week's installment to the new Mechakoopa weekly!

This will also be the first tournament to feature duo commentary with Guido (and maybe another surprise guest!)

With all of that out of the way, let's get to the rules!

The chatroom is located at https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=ClownTheCompetition
Sign up: www.challonge.com/ctc6 *Check in begins ONE HOUR before the tournament!*

-RULES-
2 stock, 6 minute
If timed out, the game will be settled by stock advantage. If tied, it will be settled by percent advantage.
Gentleman's rule is in effect (any stage may be chosen if both parties agree)
Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect (cannot counterpick to a stage previously won at)
Customs and equipment will be turned off.
Only Winners/Losers Finals and Grand Finals will be best of 5. The rest of the tournament will be settled through best of 3 sets.

|>Stage Striking and Counterpicking
To determine the first stage played on, players will strike stages (in order of 1-2-1, the lower seeded player is granted the first ban). Whichever stage remains is the one that will be chosen.
When counterpicking, any stage on the list may be chosen, but only after the winner of the last game has banned two stages of his choosing. These bans are separate, and to not carry over from the strikes before game one.

|>Starting Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination (Any omega is alright if agreed upon
Lylat
Smashville
Town and City

|>Counterpicks
Duck Hunt
Haliberd
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege

All stages are based on the 2015 EVO ruleset.

And that's about it! Make sure you check us out at www.mechakoopa.com, or follow us @MKoopaGaming! We're preparing to feature some other great online tournaments on our stream, which can all be viewed on our schedule page! If you guys have any questions, let me know by replying to this thread!

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
Did something go wrong? I left to go grocery shopping and I came back during losers finals.
Nope, my computer bluescreened so we couldn't continue streaming, but the tournament continued without any interruptions.

Top Bottom