• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freezing when click Fight!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I have been adding alternate costumes all day at work away from my wii system. After adding, editing and removing some alt characters … the game freezes when I click the Fight! button. Can anyone help me?

Diraga

Smash Cadet
The same thing happened to me after messing around with different stages and adding stage icons. It didn't freeze when I only replaced the .pac files, so I think it might have something to do with the common5.pac file, but I can't say for sure.

russell1903

Smash Rookie
Funny you brought this up-- I was having the exact same problem yesterday. Yeah, it more than likely has to do with your common5.pac file. Instead of messing with alt costumes, though, I was messing around with stage icons (exactly what Diraga was doing lol). I know for sure that the sc_selmap.pac can't be bigger than 1.14 MBs, so I had to reduce the size of a lot of my icons. >_>

Top Bottom