• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freezing oddities

Senpai♥

"I'm an earthquake in a can!"
Hackless method, 2GB card, 2.1 worked perfect on the same card.

Was trying to play some 2.5 today, and during the first match everything seemed fine. However, as soon as a second match would begin, the game would freeze at 'GO'. Curiously, the game loads the vanilla Brawl stages during the second match (i.e. Green Greens rather than Dreamland).

This is where it gets kinda weird.

I reformatted and reinstalled 2.5 yesterday after my initial matches were doing this, and the game ran fine for all of yesterday. The SD card hadn't been used since yesterday, either, as I took it home with me. Nothing has been accessed on the SD card since then.

Can anyone make sense of this?

To add onto this, I have no texture or stage replacements outside of the default, just some music replacements. Again, nothing has been changed since yesterday.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You said that you reformatted your card and it is working with 2.5 for yesterday. Is it still working now?

We've had reports of these same issues and they've usually been fixed by reformatting the card or using a different card.

Senpai♥

Early yesterday, it did not work, so I formatted the card and reinstalled 2.5. Aside from one freezing incident (I don't remember the situation anymore), it ran fine for the rest of the day.

Today, I tried to play 2.5 again, but the game froze after every other game. So it works. Sorta. It just keeps freezing on me.

Senpai♥

FAT, and I have not been able to try another card yet.

I'll try another SD card and report back tomorrow, as my Wii is located at a friend's currently.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
FAT, and I have not been able to try another card yet.

I'll try another SD card and report back tomorrow, as my Wii is located at a friend's currently.
Not that I know if it would actually make a difference, but I heard somewhere that FAT32 is the recommended format.

Senpai♥

I tried installing Project M on another SD card, and it seemed to work perfectly yesterday. If something else comes up, I'll make a new thread on the Bug Reporting board. Thanks for the help, guys.

Top Bottom