• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL Frederick - The most blatant exclusion from the FE spirits group.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Anyone else notice this?

I noticed because I love Frederick to many pieces and he's always been my Robin's husband in FE Awakening. So I looked for him when the list of spirits in the game was shown in one or more places. He wasn't on it.

But that's not what bothered me most.

As the title says, he's a more blatant exclusion than other characters in the series. Why? I'm a bit biased, sure. But hear me out. Look at who out of the 3DS and Archanea characters ARE there. And then look at the roster of FE Warriors.

See how much they line up? Except for one (maybe a few): Frederick.

- He's the only one from the game's base roster to not be a spirit or in Smash in any form.
- He appears to be the only one in the game period that's not a spirit save for maybe Olivia, Niles, and Oboro.
- He's the only one out of the Awakening main five that isn't in the game in any form.

This is what makes me sad. It wouldn't be that bad to me if these two things weren't true. I also thought Frederick was a shoe-in for a spirit. Was anyone else as shocked as I was not to see him there? I guess maybe I did get my hopes up too high, but...they were realistic hopes, weren't they? And as I said, I'm someone who absolutely loves this man. :(

...Now, if I'm actually wrong and Frederick IS there somehow...well, y'all can ignore this entirely and I can be happy. lol

Last edited:

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Must say I agree. Like, seeing that we ended up getting a plentiful amount of FE Spirits of 69 from across the games (excluding the Fighter Spirits), I feel they woulda not had any problem from including another Awakening Spirit. Incase they really wanted to keep the number at 69, they coulda included Frederick over one of the lesser desired/beloved FE characters or either of the Awakening Villains (one was already enough guys).

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
They could've swapped him with Walhart.

Overall I don't fret much about what spirit is in or not, since it's mostly their regular art. For many spirits I rather have none then some or the more questionable picks for novice or advanced. This happens a lot with Fire Emblem, in which many named characters tend to feel like a Ace rank at least.

Happens with too many pokemon ''legendaries'' as well.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
They could've swapped him with Walhart.

Overall I don't fret much about what spirit is in or not, since it's mostly their regular art. For many spirits I rather have none then some or the more questionable picks for novice or advanced. This happens a lot with Fire Emblem, in which many named characters tend to feel like a Ace rank at least.

Happens with too many pokemon ''legendaries'' as well.
Yeah, I haven't fret too much over it either, this was just a big disappointment to me.

Top Bottom