• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Framerate question

mctrigger

Smash Rookie
I bought NTSCJ 64 and ssb NTSCU/C. Will This run at 60fps?

I also have a crt 100hz TV, will this still get the 60fps?

If i use a 50hz tv, will there be only 50hz? as in i need 60 or more?

Also, will there be input lag on a LG plasma TV? will game mode fix it?

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
US version runs at 60 fps, except for teams with TA on.

CRT will get good frame rate and input.

60hz or more

Don't use a plasma.

mctrigger

Smash Rookie
US version runs at 60 fps, except for teams with TA on.

CRT will get good frame rate and input.

60hz or more

Don't use a plasma.
thanks,

So im in AUS and we use ****ty PAL. I hear you can use a pal power adapter in a NTSC 64 and it will work, but will that have an affect on hz or FPS?

Also, are you saying the game runs slower in team battle with TA on? also whats TA?

thanks agin

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Team attack is TA, non-overclocked N64`s will slow the FPS down for teams matches, although honestly having the console go slower (consistent FPS drop) isn`t really a problem, IMO. @ asianaussie asianaussie could probably better answer the rest.
Welcome, bro.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if by power adapter you mean the power pack for the N64, they are compatible, and the differing voltages between regions means that you should always use the region-compatible one

the only issue i've ever encountered with the PAL/NTSC split on australian TVs is that sometimes recording captures monochrome input and nothing else

Top Bottom