• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame traps

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
I cant find anything on Rosalina frame traps, so if maybe someone could send me a link to something, or give some tips. That would be great.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
there's a ton of situational ones, maybe not guaranteed frame traps but pretty close, depending on luma's position.

the only guaranteed i can think of is uair. i guess i'll just math it out to see if it's a true frame trap:

if you late uair, lets say, you're aiming to hit with frame 29. so your opponent is forced to air dodge. lets say your opponent is another rosalina. so she starts her air dodge at the right time, which is frame 3 after pressing dodge, and runs til frame 27. so she is stuck in this animation for 33 frames because of 6 frames of end lag. so i miss with my uair, i still have 13 frames of lag until i can do my second uair. 13 frames pass and they're at frame 16 in their air dodge, with 11 frames left of intangibility and 6 additional frames of lag. so i whip out my second uair, it takes 8 frames to start, so they avoid getting hit with 8 frames left of their intangibility, but uair lasts for 21 frames, so i am guaranteed to hit with the mid dmg uair at 5 dmg.

lots of variations on this, i think nair and dair can both be used similarly if they are able to move in front of rosa or below. and if i had started my first uair a little earlier i think it might be possible to hit with the sweetspot on the second uair. luma also hits frames 3-10, so that's another aspect to consider.

Top Bottom