• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Data : Get-up Options

Scream

Smash Apprentice
After desperately searching for some frame data on get-ups i have now taken matters into my own hands after buying a capture card.

Of corse i did Samus Frame Data first, so here you go:

Glossary:
  • FAF = First Actionable Frame, basicly the first frame that you can act again
  • FVF = First Vulnerable Frame
  • VW = Vulnerability Window, an Indicator how safe the option is theoretically
Ledge Getup Options

Option|FAF|FVF|VW
Regular|33|31|2
Jump|14|11|3(+3 from AD)
Roll|50|24|26
Attack|56|22|34

Tech Options

Option|FAF|FVF|VW
In Place|28|23|5
Roll Forwards|42|23|19
Roll Backwards|42|22|20

No Tech Options

Option|FAF|FVF|VW|Ground Bounce
In Place|28-57|51|6| 1-27
Attack|28-73|50|23| 1-27
Roll Forwards|28-63|43|20| 1-27
Roll Backwards|28-63|51|12| 1-27

I repeated and recounted every test several times, but of corse mistakes still happen. So if you think i have sth wrong please correct me.

I hope this is some helpful insight in Samus Frame Data.

Edit: @ DungeonMaster DungeonMaster Have a look please, maybe you'll want to add this to the compendium
Edit2: Updated with Tech and No Tech Data

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
So he decided to make our roll get up garbage too, thanks sakurai

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
It's not amazing, 26 frames vulnerable is disgusting, rolling from the ledge is just a decent option in general in this game

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
This explains the struggles I had with a very good Diddy player and my inability to successfully get my feet set back on solid ground from the ledge. so few options..

Scream

Smash Apprentice
Updated OP with Tech and No Tech Data!

I think this data is very interesting, hope you guys can use it :)
If you have any feedback and/or specific data that you'd like please leave a comment ;)

Atleast he is consistent.
Yeah lol
So he decided to make our roll get up garbage too, thanks sakurai
Samurai pls :(

Edit: I'm an ***. This is ledge getup, not teching information! Disregard...

Yes agreed @ Afro Smash Afro Smash .
Tech Data is now there. :)

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Really nice Scream, really nice. Finally. I've been meaning to do this for awhile now, much obliged that you put in the work.
I have to ask - did you test at higher %s? I.e. target at 150% say? I've had intuitive feeling it's harder to avoid follow ups from teching at higher percents but no proof.

FVF = 23 and FAF = 28 from standing tech.
Up-tilt:
Up-tilt active frames 15-18 and cooldown for another 22 frames (FAF = frame 40).
D-tilt active frames 6-8.
Buffered d-tilt lands frames 46-48.
This means that if you with up-tilt on frame 15, if they tech, they are vulnerable frames 38-43. No dice.
If you instead you hit with the last frame (the foot), they are vulnerable frames 41-46.
Buffered up-tilt -> d-tilt is guaranteed standing tech chase on one frame, frame 46 if you hit when the foot hits the ground.
This makes total sense, I've seen it hundreds and hundreds of times now. And if the tech data is the same across characters, and I likewise know if I up-tilt something short, like pika, it works really well.
D-air:
D-air meteor active frames 19-21.
Let's ignore frame cancelling first. Assume you eat the 20 frames of landing lag on the immediate frame after impact.
If you hit frame 19, and they tech, they are vulnerable frames 42-47. Dice.
If you hit frame 21, and they tech, they are vulnerable frames 44-49. Dice again.
Buffered d-air-> d-tilt is guaranteed standing tech chase on all meteor frames so long as you're landing the d-air very deep.
I can say this also corroborates with my personal experience, landing the d-air very low from fast-fall has the best follow ups for combos and tech chases.
Because up-B has similar active frames to d-tilt (5-6 on startup) it is also a very good option against people with insane tech skills (or for-glory lag) and at high percents is a tech-chase kill option.

I'll break it down a bit more later this weekend, any chance you get see if standing tech varies by character and % @ Scream Scream Maybe just a handful? :p

Last edited:

Scream

Smash Apprentice
Really nice Scream, really nice. Finally. I've been meaning to do this for awhile now, much obliged that you put in the work.
I have to ask - did you test at higher %s? I.e. target at 150% say? I've had intuitive feeling it's harder to avoid follow ups from teching at higher percents but no proof.

FVF = 23 and FAF = 28 from standing tech.
Up-tilt:
Up-tilt active frames 15-18 and cooldown for another 22 frames (FAF = frame 40).
D-tilt active frames 6-8.
This means that if you with up-tilt on frame 15, if they tech, they are vulnerable frames 38-43. No dice.
If you instead you hit with the last frame (the foot), they are vulnerable frames 41-46.
Buffered up-tilt -> d-tilt is guaranteed standing tech chase on one frame, frame 46 if you hit when the foot hits the ground.
This makes total sense, I've seen it hundreds and hundreds of times now. And if the tech data is the same across characters, and I likewise know if I up-tilt something short, like pika, it works really well.
D-air:
D-air meteor active frames 19-21.
Let's ignore frame cancelling first. Assume you eat the 20 frames of landing lag on the immediate frame after impact.
If you hit frame 19, and they tech, they are vulnerable frames 42-47. Dice.
If you hit frame 21, and they tech, they are vulnerable frames 44-49. Dice again.
Buffered d-air-> d-tilt is guaranteed standing tech chase on all meteor frames so long as you're landing the d-air very deep.
I can say this also corroborates with my personal experience, landing the d-air very low from fast-fall has the best follow ups for combos and tech chases.
Because up-B has similar active frames to d-tilt (5-6 on startup) it is also a very good option against people with insane tech skills (or for-glory lag) and at high percents is a tech-chase kill option.

I'll break it down a bit more later this weekend, any chance you get see if standing tech varies by character and % @ Scream Scream Maybe just a handful? :p
Damn this is amazing! :)
Thanks for putting the time in!

I have now tested 15 Charachters for teching in place, including charachters that are notorious for their wonky frame data like Ryu.
  • Frame data was consistent over all tested subjects
  • Over 100%+ the FVF drops from 23 to 22
So your intuitive feeling was indeed correct, and considering that the time frame after the up-tilt can be only 1f the additional frame doubles that window.

I will test the entire cast eventually, but for that i'll need some more time ;)

Edit: If we hit the Up-tilt early we can always get the jab right? Because that'd hit on frame 43

Last edited:
Top Bottom