• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Cancel Nair Combos

Noche

Smash Rookie
Not sure if something like this was already posted but here are some frame cancel nair combos at different %'s just to give an idea of how it could fit into Peach's gameplay this is all with do di of course but still useful

skazai

Smash Rookie
Damn, frame cancelling nair is sooooo hard but those combos look so cool... Any tips on learning it quicker?

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Just learn the distance you need to be from the ground in fastfall when you need to imput the Nair. From there it's just muscle memory with JCFF Nair and Nairdrops. The latter of the two is the most constrained for what concerns the sequence, as such it's the easiest to make a frame cancel with.

Breakertmw

Smash Rookie
NNID
Breakertmw
Is this different from QFR + nair? what are the inputs?

Breakertmw

Smash Rookie
NNID
Breakertmw
I was trying this yesterday, it's a lot harder than it seems.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
for the past few day ive grinded the hell out of this tech, but I still cannot connect a nairdrop into a dtilt. even when I know I did it right buffered the dtilt asap it wont work, i can do other nair drop combos that normal ground float nairs wont combo into, but just not dtilt. all training has been down on either dk or link, between 0-10%, I just dont understand what I'm doing wrong.

my inputs are hold:GCZ:(set to jump) + :GCR:, the release :GCZ:> :GCDR:>:GCD:+:GCCDL:> :GCD::GCA:.

it looks like im doing it right, but it's not registering as a combo in training mode, any ideas as to what i'm ****ing up?

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Just like everything about nairdrop, all depends on your distance from the ground when imputting the aerial.
You must flick the C-stick at a very specific height in order to frame cancel it.
Also you are JCFFing if you release jump before hitting down

Last edited:

dskank

Smash Journeyman
Just like everything about nairdrop, all depends on your distance from the ground when imputting the aerial.
You must flick the C-stick at a very specific height in order to frame cancel it.
Also you are JCFFing if you release jump before hitting down
that's what i'm supposed to be doing right? nairdrop is a nair while jcffing right?

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
No, as explained in the video, Nairdrop is just flicking the C-stick while holding down on the control stick.
If you do :GCZ:>:GCD:>release:GCZ:>:GCCDR: it's basically the same thing as JCFFing but without timing needed

Last edited:

dskank

Smash Journeyman
No, as explained in the video, Nairdrop is just flicking the C-stick while holding down on the control stick.
If you do :GCZ:>:GCD:>release:GCZ:>:GCCDR: it's basically the same thing as JCFFing but without timing needed
well then.. apparently jcff nair can also cancel nair's recovery frames. It's been working for me this morning on cloud, and I know it's cancelling the frames because when I do it right my controller doesnt rumble and it counts as a combo in training mode. so i guess the result is the same as nair dropping.

I still do not understand the diff between nairdrop and jcff nair. why is the extra jump input needed btw?

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
JCFFing is hitting jump, releasing the jump button and fastfalling, this results in the upward momentum ending abruptly and fastfalling after that

Nairdropping is holding down on the control stick and imputting a direction on the C-Stick in the meanwhile, wich results in the character fastfalling and responding to the command at the same time. It still fastfalls even when you can't attack, such as when freefalling, and every character can do it

JCFF>attack and Float>Nairdrop have almost identical effects, but differ in execution.

And I'm unsure of what you mean by "extra jump imput"

Top Bottom