• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Cancel Dair TRUE COMBOS into kill setups!

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Not a Ganon main but Omega Tyrant has uploaded a video showing several frame canceled follow ups from dair and MULTIPLE kill setups from them! While this requires a lot of precision and very hard to do in competitive play (or in general) a very dedicate player is sure to use this to good effect and show the world Ganon is more than low tier trash.

Jerbear9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerbs9
not a true combo but also at 30-40% for most of the cast you can do dair, dair, uair which leaves them still in the air for possibly more follow ups. like that dair to wiz kick at the edge though. been trying to figure out how to set that up for a while.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
not a true combo but also at 30-40% for most of the cast you can do dair, dair, uair which leaves them still in the air for possibly more follow ups. like that dair to wiz kick at the edge though. been trying to figure out how to set that up for a while.
Dair to aerial wizkick is really really hard to do, the percent range it works at is very small (I don't think it will work more than 1% off from what I did it in the video), and it seems to require near frame precision to actually connect the Wizkick before hitstun wears off. It took me maybe about an hour to get it when testing if it was a true combo, and took me about another half hour after that to replicate it when recording.

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
I'm having troubles trying to frame cancel the DAIR, how do you actually do it, so that the follow ups register as a true combo?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Buffering a jump out of choke followed by a dair at around the apex of a short hop allows you to punish get ups and some get up attacks with a frame cancelled dair(Possibly Uair and Fair too?). Choke->Dair->Fsmash is very satisfying.

Top Bottom