• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Voice: Top, Mid, or Low Tier?

Coolkidd

Smash Cadet
NNID
Coolkidd95
3DS FC
0774-5050-1590
Switch FC
SW-1709-2409-3980
I'd say he's around Toon Link in his volume game. You guys?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm.....actually getting used to it. I don't think it's SO bad anymore. It helps to play Star Fox 64 3D too, lol. Plus I think silly voices suit Star Fox, but that's just me.

Mid.
YEOWWWWWW

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Bottom imo. Even if he had a great voice for everything but his upB, I would say bottom. It's just too obnoxious.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
That's a good point, and the main reason I am my country's most vocal advocate of customs.
While myself and Mikenyan are doing tournaments here, customs aren't happening. Just don't use Fox Fire, izi pizi.

I've actually kind of gotten used to Fox's new voice and some things actually sound pretty cool. In movement I like the way he feels and sounds but his death screams, getting hit and of course FIYUHH are truly Godawful. Low mid tier, I'd say.

elmike

Smash Apprentice
compared to other games, its bottom.
Compared to other voices in this game, its mid.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
Voice don't matter as long as I can kick booty with him.
(honestly, though? Hisssss...)

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
I explained my thought process regarding customs in Ireland on the Facebook a few times and, basically, a good third or even half of our players at each tournament are playing for the first time after coming from For Glory, Anther's Ladder, Smashboards or wherever else. As it is, the skill gap for those players is pretty large but they can learn a lot through losing. On the flipside, they don't learn much if someone just cheeses them with DK's customs or something - they just say "screw this" and don't come to any more tournaments. There's also the matter that the main Belfast TO just straight up doesn't like Smash 4 so I sincerely doubt he's going to bother getting all the customs set up on the Wii Us up there.

That said, I do want to normalise our ruleset with the rest of the UK's so if they all encourage Customs then I guess we'll have to go along too but we'll see.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Yeah I know your reasoning, and it does make sense. I'm fine with no customs (at least for now...) but you still can't stop me from putting the EVO sets on every WiiU I can get my hands on.

Whatever, this isn't the place to be discussing such things :p

Tromboon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Low_Brass
3DS FC
5026-4509-9073
I don't mind his voice much, except for is Up taunt...

HEYRUE I COM!!!!

speedguy20

Smash Cadet
NNID
speedguy20
Best way to buff Fox: give players the choice of using an alternate voice.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
He sounds like a cat when he gets hit. "Mrreeeooow!!"

What does the Fox say? "FIIIREE!"

It's top tier now. The best part is, you get to see the look in your friends face when they hear his top tier voice after they lost.

Last edited:
Top Bottom