• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Fox's Shine for Noob

marios92

Smash Rookie
As title said, i want to know if is possible to mod Fox's shine for the latter's noob player as me :D maybe with Crazy Hand or Package Injection, for remove the other animation frame of shine and got only the first frame, so to do a continuos shine, idk, by pressing down+B repeatedly :D Its possible?

Last edited:

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
This can be done with Crazy Hand's Move Logic table.

If you replace the IASA function (input-based interrupt logic) of fox's shine with that of a standing state, your input for crouching will cancel the shine on the first frame.

Experiment with these pointer numbers for "IASA function" on the move logic table:
8008A4D4 -> standing
800CB334 -> falling

This doesn't seem to work on the air shine, so alternatively you can use an animation interrupt for the same effect by forcing a falling state. Note that doing this effects only the end of an animation, and so is actually 2 frames; but you can change it to 1 with FSM.

Experiment with these pointer numbers for "Animation Interrupt function" on the move logic table:
800CB2F8 -> falling
80099BD0 -> special falling (helpless)
80099E80 -> standing

For a couple more examples on using animation interrupts, see the bottom of this post from the Customized Movesets sub-forum

Last edited:

marios92

Smash Rookie
Thank you Punky :) I'll try later today!

It is a pity that your impossible cancel doesn't work for me on console, but when i'll have a bit of time i'll try my theory: on a clear / untouched version of the game.

marios92

Smash Rookie
wow, on air shine, your method works perfectly! :D
But on ground don't work; maybe i must put falling even on ground shine??

EDIT: Punkline Punkline : No, no differences. Maybe i must try to input all numbers from aerial version?

Last edited:

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Try the animation interrupt method using the standing function (80099E80)

Top Bottom