• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Chain Grab Game

Jnag

Smash Rookie
I don't know much about Fox's grab game.

Tell me everything you know. (Who/How/Why/%)

Y-L

Smash Champion
You can chaingrab fast Fox/Falco from like 0 to 60 if they DI to the side it continues to like 100 if they di up you can utilt to regrab and end it with a usmash/bair/uair/nair
Works on Falcon too but not until like 50%
Why? They just cant jump out of it unless they DI up at around 60%
Jump canceling the grabs is pretty much essential especially at low percents and you need very fast reaction times.

On floatier characters mostly uthrow uair/uthrow bair

Backthrow and Fthrow are usually if you want to just get the opponent off stage to try to gimp them or mix up their DI.

Dthrow doesn't have too many applications mostly for characters where you can't combo off of uthrow you can try to get a read on their tech with dthrow (high percent peach, samus)

I'm sure there's 100 threads with better knowledge than this

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
You can chaingrab fast Fox/Falco from like 0 to 60 if they DI to the side it continues to like 100 if they di up you can utilt to regrab and end it with a usmash/bair/uair/nair
Works on Falcon too but not until like 50%
Why? They just cant jump out of it unless they DI up at around 60%
I know that your knowledge of Melee far surpasses mine, but when I was practicing a lot of chain grabbing, I don't believe that you can DI up or down, only left and right? Am I wrong?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I know that your knowledge of Melee far surpasses mine, but when I was practicing a lot of chain grabbing, I don't believe that you can DI up or down, only left and right? Am I wrong?
By DI up I mean neutral DI, not to say it's impossible to DI up, just not on a move that sends straight up.

Last edited:

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
~55 no di without port priority, ~64 with on fox
add 5-7ish for falco since he falls faster
falcon starts at around 20-24, it's harder because he's super heavy though
you can extend it longer if they hard di, otherwise recommended to go for utilt conversions

Top Bottom