• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Foxes learning curve

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I know alot about fox and all. How cheap they can be and all that. But I still cant get the hang of fighting him.in every tourny I enter I always get taken out by a fox. I dont know how to deal with one. and yesterday was the worst. I get sent to losers..................by a camping fox. all he did was run and shoot. I think Fox now is my worst match up ever. I rather deal with Marth or falco then him.

I just want advice on how to deal with one, or just how to get use to going even with him. Cause I try to rush and be patient. Nothing works for me. Well I guess you can say I dont know how to deal with fox or fight one. I read it all. I see it all on youtube. But I just dont do well on him.Any advice on how to get better and maybe even win against fox would be great. Cause im really sick and tired of being taken out in a tourny by a fox. The other charcters I do well against. and at times I get taken out by them. but its mostly fox. he holds me back from getting far. Oh and advice on a camping fox if any would be great too. But mostly fox in general.even though I lost to 2 foxes yesterday, I managed to do very well and got 9th out of 25. So I guess Im better, or getting there, thanks to the people that give me good advice here. So, can a Fellow Peach get some help here?

artifice

Smash Ace
if your having trouble with a "camping fox" i think you should refresh your falco and y.link matchups, when u play a good player of one of thos two you realy learn how to space well, allways be on top of them, learn to corner them and punish them for running tword the edge.

the fox is the same way accept easyer sence his projectiles arnt as good for camping.

also b4 i go into a match i usualy try to keep one thing in my head that i keep reminding myself. for foxes i remind myself to not float head level against him.

but i think your main problem is proly spacing

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
How do you approach the camping fox? If you use the same approach too much, that might be a problem. Also, I've had some trouble with camping foxes myself, but, I got over it by ignoring his shooting. You see, the shooting will really disturb you in your play if you think about it too much, however, if you follow the fox instead of his laser, it might be a bit easier to hit him.
As to how to attack him, no matter how lame a fox camper might seem, they usually know pretty much all approaches by all characters, as their enemy is nearly always the one approaching, this means that they know very well where that turnip is gonna go and are mostly quite good at catching them. Don't spam your turnips too much, use them different each and every throw, too obvious turnip spamming won't work on a camping fox.

At last, if you manage to hit them out of their camping/laser spamming madness and they do go over into approaching you, just do the same, turnip spam, now is the time to show them how annoying a turnip can be. Just be ready, try looking at your own character this time around instead of looking at the fox and be ready for them, remember, no matter how many times that laser hits you, he has to finish you off, so be ready with those up and down smashes.

Hope this helps.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How do you approach the camping fox? If you use the same approach too much, that might be a problem. Also, I've had some trouble with camping foxes myself, but, I got over it by ignoring his shooting. You see, the shooting will really disturb you in your play if you think about it too much, however, if you follow the fox instead of his laser, it might be a bit easier to hit him.
As to how to attack him, no matter how lame a fox camper might seem, they usually know pretty much all approaches by all characters, as their enemy is nearly always the one approaching, this means that they know very well where that turnip is gonna go and are mostly quite good at catching them. Don't spam your turnips too much, use them different each and every throw, too obvious turnip spamming won't work on a camping fox.

At last, if you manage to hit them out of their camping/laser spamming madness and they do go over into approaching you, just do the same, turnip spam, now is the time to show them how annoying a turnip can be. Just be ready, try looking at your own character this time around instead of looking at the fox and be ready for them, remember, no matter how many times that laser hits you, he has to finish you off, so be ready with those up and down smashes.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, this helps alot.

that's how fox is supposed to fight peach. welcome to smash.
Not the point. I just said that I got sent to one by a camping fox, so I dont know how to deal with that, and asked for advice on. Fox advice in general. Dont Be a jerk and post something that helps, not make one look stupid. thanks

D

Deleted member

peach doesn't have problems with an attacking fox, peach does more damage than fox does and outprioritizes him all over. Of course you lost to a campy fox, if you lost to a non-campy fox that'd be shameful.

If you want advice, DD close to him so he can't laser and grab him and CG him to death.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How would loseing to a non-camping fox be shameful? Fox is fox, and I have trouble dealing with him ether way., just a Camping one is more of a pain to me. And I was beat in losers by a non camping fox.

Prac352

Smash Lord
peach doesn't have problems with an attacking fox, peach does more damage than fox does and outprioritizes him all over. Of course you lost to a campy fox, if you lost to a non-campy fox that'd be shameful.

If you want advice, DD close to him so he can't laser and grab him and CG him to death.
A good fox doesn't leave Peach any time to attack. More so when they get her to shield.

But yeah, campy foxes can be a pain. Just don't let it get to you. Keep your cool. I usually float above a short hopped laser and weave in and out, trying to bait an attack.

Be patient and wait for an opening. When you do get close, stay on him. Grab game is good, tech chase with the dash attack, nairs, and the d-smash.

D

Deleted member

peach doesn't need time to attack, she has no aerial stun and she can crouch fox's non-dair really well. If fox full jumps, peach can just jump into him and nair and trade and it's always in her benefit.

Besides, there's only 2 good foxes in NYC anyway, D1 and PC, and neither of them camp.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it

A good fox doesn't leave Peach any time to attack. More so when they get her to shield.

But yeah, campy foxes can be a pain. Just don't let it get to you. Keep your cool. I usually float above a short hopped laser and weave in and out, trying to bait an attack.

Be patient and wait for an opening. When you do get close, stay on him. Grab game is good, tech chase with the dash attack, nairs, and the d-smash.
@Umbreon, I don't think it's shameful, I have to agree with the fact that a campy fox is actually harder then a non-campy fox against peach, but hell, just CG him to death is a rather strange advice, even though your posts have a point, they aren't really that helpful imho.
Edit: allright seeing from your last comment you are trying to help, sorry there, you just posted 4 mins before me and typing this took longer.

@Prac, to lure the fox out with the low floating can work indeed, although a lot of real good fox players will see through it, as they know camping just makes things a lot easier for them, good advice anyway, I completely forgot to mention the nair, however, I believe Dark.Pch uses her nairs quite well already.

@Dark.Pch, I've taken the liberty of watching a lot of your youtube videos. Now I know this was against a friend, but if you look at the difference between the matches of you vs d101 from 3 weeks and from 8 months ago, well, you can see that he has started to become more and more campy and that that is giving you more trouble (it also looked like you teached him something about di-ing? ;) ). Whenever he just wd towards you and attacks you seem to be able to handle it but the camping does seem to disturb your play. Like Prac said, first, stay calm, besides that I'm sticking 100% with my first advice, certainly after seeing the 1:58 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu0iexpSTRo
Some Fox players at tournaments camp about 75% more then your friend here does and will be used to this turnip play, so the standing smash throw forward twice in a row has to go. Besides that, don't let it get to you, campy foxes are a real pain for peach and camping tends to make you feel bad about yourself, just don't, your play isn't that far from completely owning those camping foxes, the turnips will surely safe you.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
How would loseing to a non-camping fox be shameful? Fox is fox, and I have trouble dealing with him ether way., just a Camping one is more of a pain to me. And I was beat in losers by a non camping fox.
If you lose to a non camping fox it is either because:

1) you are not fast enough
2) you leave too many openings
3) or both

Like Mow said Peach has more priority so he's either getting his hits in way before you or he's baiting stuff like useless rolls or downsmashes and he punishes right after.

Top Bottom