• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Waveshine tips/tricks ?

munchies911

Smash Cadet
Hey this may be a dumb question but I'll ask anyways. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for the waveshine motion? Also wondering if its possible to hold the stick at a negative 45 degree angle for the shine and wavedash while jumping from the b to y/x ? If it is then I may just be doing it slow, but I'd like some clarification? Any advice is welcome :)

Dr3amSm4sher

Smash Cadet
Just start from down b and do a half a quarter circle forward. Then wavedash out. That is honestly the easiest way to do it. This works going forward but going backwards is a little harder as you can't jump out and turn at the same time. (This is true in melee. But I don't think holds true in PM so it might be the same difficulty.) It won't give you the farthest wavedash but will get you learning the motion. For a little hint practice in practice mode with the shadow moses pillars or peach on the training room stage. This way you learn the hitlag for shine and don't get stuck in it.

munchies911

Smash Cadet
Just start from down b and do a half a quarter circle forward. Then wavedash out. That is honestly the easiest way to do it. This works going forward but going backwards is a little harder as you can't jump out and turn at the same time. (This is true in melee. But I don't think holds true in PM so it might be the same difficulty.) It won't give you the farthest wavedash but will get you learning the motion. For a little hint practice in practice mode with the shadow moses pillars or peach on the training room stage. This way you learn the hitlag for shine and don't get stuck in it.
Thank you! This actually helped a lot!

Top Bottom