• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs Shiek and Marth Pro Cons

Brookman

Smash Hero
I am aware of auto-smash DI..and look at the players you just listed. They play on an increably high level...>_> not to mention how technical PC Chris is and KDJ is amazing.
If you'd rather me give examples of random/bad scrubs as people who don't smash DI then there is really no point in talking. The people I listed are good, which is why I listed them. MilkTea smash DIs my up airs, and she isn't extremely technical. In fact, techincal ability has really got nothing to do with either method of smash DIing and up air. Pretty much everyone in CT knows about it/tries to do it. N64 and a bunch of other guys from new york do it. It's REALLY NOT THAT HARD.

9/10 players suck. not a coincidence.
Basically.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmmm this makes me want to work on my DI game more.

Brookman

Smash Hero
When DJ get's grabbed/up thrown he just starts making a dash-dancing motion really fast and hopes to smash DI out. It's pretty hard to do it with fox, but it's really easy with peach/sheik/marth, at least I think so.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
..Hmm what about another fox grabbing you? Shouldn't you try to slieght DI?

NG7

Smash Lord
When DJ get's grabbed/up thrown he just starts making a dash-dancing motion really fast and hopes to smash DI out. It's pretty hard to do it with fox, but it's really easy with peach/sheik/marth, at least I think so.
I thought you had to smash DI in 1 direction. If you did a dash-dancing motion wouldn't your character just move back and forth and therefore be more likely to be hit by uair than if they DI'd to one side?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No, because you only have a 1 frame (I think) window to smash DI and you can only input one direction during that frame.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I thought you had to smash DI in 1 direction. If you did a dash-dancing motion wouldn't your character just move back and forth and therefore be more likely to be hit by uair than if they DI'd to one side?
Do you dare doubt the methods of the great and powerful Oz?! >_> I mean DJ... Hylian is right though, I think PC also does that, though I can't remember for sure, I think he tries both methods on randomly.

Doraki

Smash Lord
The Doug has been doing this for more than a year, because someone I forgot (CJ or Azen or the like) taught it to him at FC3.
So this method to almost always get a smash DI has been out there for a long time but really not widely known.
If you do a dash dancing motion you'll likely do 1 smash DI during the few hitlag frames.
You have to do it as fast as you can and with a movement as wide as you can in order to get more efficiency. It's very noisy (that's how I noticed Doug doing it)
I don't think anyone can input 2 opposite smash DIs this way because it's hard to maintain a dash-dance motion at an extreme speed.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Will double stick get you out of Uthrow>Uair? (obviously not or everyone would be doing it lol)

Also, can you c-stick+Smash DI and get out of it with every character, even Boozer?

Top Bottom