• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox top tier in Japan?

Dupreesteven

Smash Rookie
I looked at a Japan tier list and Fox it top tier in Japan, along with Pit as well. Is this true? He belongs in top tier? Or does anyone else have a more recent tier list.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Japanese_tier_list

16th of December 2011 was the last update.

Just look where they rank Pikachu... 1 place above Ike, and 2 above Lucas. This alone can explain a lot, cause Pikachu heavy counters Fox with chain grabs. There was also this Japanese Pit, Earth, who did quite well at Apex in teams. Surprising a lot of the American players.

The Japanese have quite a weird taste in characters. But I think they can be learned from.

Diddy is still #2 in Europe though. <3

Dupreesteven

Smash Rookie
So you're saying he does belong there then? Because someone told me that it's accurate since every single time a new tier list comes out in North America it gets closer and closer to the Japanese Tier list.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He does belong there yeah, on the Japanese tier list. I heard the Japanese play Brawl a lot more offensively. And as we see by Pikachu's placement, they probably really don't know / care to play as him. Pikachu is one of Fox's most common counters due to his chaingrabs, and Pikachu being a overall very popular Brawl character.

Can't help you any further than this however. But I do think it's ridiculous he's so high. Unless they really know something that most American and Europeans don't know? Anyways, it's quite interessting how the same game can have quite drastic changes in tiers.

EDIT: Found this thread for you though:

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/japanese-tier-list.316518/

An interessting quote from 'Supermodel from Paris'

Falco has the same garbage match-ups, tbh. The main reason Fox is so low now is because he was dropped like 15 places for no reason in tier list 2 and never recovered.

Not that he's as good as Falco but he's definitely high tier at least.

Dupreesteven

Smash Rookie
That quote seems very true. The different is that Falco has problems killing but Fox has an easier time. You're sacrificing chain grabs, lasers that cause knock back, and a Godly back air. I still feel Falco is much better, but Fox doesn't belong THAT low.

Top Bottom