• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fox shine across map

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
Down b, jump, L or R with control stick in a diagonal downwards direction, repeat.

Practice practice practice.

Search the forums for waveshine.

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
It also only works on some of the cast in the game. Look up information about who falls over from shine and who doesn't.

I also hate to be a jerk but questions like these should be asked in the advice/questions thread as this doesn't feel like it required an entire new thread to be answered, as this question has been answered multiple times and the information is readily available.

TrevR

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0528-5701
It's basically a wavedash out of a shine. Since the shine can be jump cancelled, you can turn that jump into a wavedash. That's pretty much it. At first it won't be easy, but practice will definitely get you to a point where you're consistent. Trust me, it worked for me.

SSB Pride

Smash Rookie
At first it won't be easy, but practice will definitely get you to a point where you're consistent
I've spent countless hours practicing this. one of the harder fox techs to get down, but oh my lord does it feel good shining someone across the stage and upsmashing <3

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
It's not really necessary to waveshine more than twice if i'm honest. Hell even more than once is simply for swag. It's nice to know, as a sort of last minute desperate attempt at re gaining stage control, but if you can't do that, it just means your neutral is lacking. I'd say learn waveshine -> grab -> up throw -> up air and waveshine -> u-smash first

Last edited:
Top Bottom