• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox hybrid question

Hot Toddy

Smash Cadet
This topic is weird but I'm going to be switching to Fox since he's SOOOOOOO fun to play. I've been watching a lot of Fox lately too and was wondering what I should focus on if I want to make a hybrid style of Fox by mixing Mango and M2K styles. I like how M2K uses lasers but I like how Mango plays otherwise. I want to know what you guys think I should focus on for the time being. Thanks for your help! :143:

Sorry if I worded this bad or if this is a weird post.

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
I personally would practice my analog jumps for double lasers and basic shffling. Mango has a better falco than fox though.

Hot Toddy

Smash Cadet
I personally would practice my analog jumps for double lasers and basic shffling. Mango has a better falco than fox though.
I do like his Falco but I also like his Fox. Maybe Leffen's too. Is analog jumping generally preferred for the style I'm going for?

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Play and notice which techs did you miss and what things you can't do at the moment. Then grind them out.

I use this style quite a bit. M2K when l lose stage control and mango when I have it.

Hot Toddy

Smash Cadet
Play and notice which techs did you miss and what things you can't do at the moment. Then grind them out.

I use this style quite a bit. M2K when l lose stage control and mango when I have it.
That's how I want to play

I disagree, don't analog jump. Use x/y.
I feel like analog jump is better for me when lasering
I cant even double laser with x/y
Other than that and up-throw -> up-air, I use x/y to jump

Last edited by a moderator:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Ah, that's good then. P.S, please don't double post, for now I just merged your posts, but in the future you'll get a warning, and less lenient mods may infract you.

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
Just have your own style of fox...
You can tell that mango, leffen, and m2k all have their own style, so imo, play the character a way that feels comfortable and what feels the best for you.

Hot Toddy

Smash Cadet
Just have your own style of fox...
You can tell that mango, leffen, and m2k all have their own style, so imo, play the character a way that feels comfortable and what feels the best for you.
The way I played before was horrible. I'm not trying to directly copy them, just use strategies and techniques that are used by them.

Top Bottom