• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Grab Clanked With Doctor Mario F-smash?

JackSSB

Smash Cadet
So just now I was playing against a lvl 1 Doc, just messing around, and I swear I clanked Fox's grab with Doc's f-smash. Has anyone heard of this happening? I'll try to record it next time.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
So just now I was playing against a lvl 1 Doc, just messing around, and I swear I clanked Fox's grab with Doc's f-smash. Has anyone heard of this happening? I'll try to record it next time.
Grab can't clank, you saw something wrong lol.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
It's not a clank, but I think I know what you're talking about.

I'm not sure if I'm entirely correct about how/why it works, but my understanding is: when a character does a move which temporarily extends their hurtbubbles towards the opponent, and the opponent grabs an extended hurtbubble from a distance where their grab wouldn't otherwise reach, then it's possible for the position of the character's hurtbubbles to change and move them out of grab range and thereby force both characters into a grab break. It's rare but it does happen, and there are numerous recordings of it; I remember it happening to a Sheik using a forward tilt at Evo 2015, though I can't remember which set it was.

It also happens when the grabbed opponent slides off the edge of the stage or a platform.

Last edited:

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
Are we sure that it wasnt a clank, Question can 2 jabs clank? because i know doc has some weak hits before his strong hit on fsmash..

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
Grabs cannot clank in the traditional sense, but what was said about the grab break is very likely what OP meant.
Ive had weird grabbreaks where i grabbed a falco out of DL from ledge and got hit by 1 laser while in the process of the grab animation and falco flew farther offstage than if it did not happen that way. Its really janky and odd sometimes.

MJfan725

Smash Apprentice
Grabs dont clank. If the grab hitbox comes out on the same frame as the other grab hitbox, priority goes P1>P2>P3>P4

Top Bottom