• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Ditto True Chaingrab Percents & Data - 2018

Travis 'Tails'

Smash Rookie
Fox VS Fox Ditto Chaingrab Percents %'s and Data.
All %'s Accurate to Port 1 Fox vs Port 2 Fox, All throw followups assumed unstale.
Last updated: 03/01/21

When I google "Fox Chaingrab Data," the first few results are wrong and/or from 2007, so hopefully this helps and is easy to find!
It is most similar to Leffen's, if you want another recent and accurate data set, though less in-depth!
Labbing this takes a lot of time! If you have found something inaccurate, or have questions, hit me up on here or discord (found at bottom), I may make an infographic or visuals if I have time and think they will help.

Google Doc Version:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRbQs9dG_iab3xDS9n4nwv6udb2tS3P4lmIlhKjqgZ_iAWzWpluGYNcwxY3tDVVWNvmWNlz3cYdn9-M/pub

1) Never jump cancel a turnaround grab, because you can’t jump cancel a turnaround grab.

2) You don’t want to upthrow>uptilt if you can still regrab.

- The earliest Fox can jump out of true upthrow regrab is with No DI starting at 53%.

3) At 75% with full DI on the up throw, they can start to jump out a frame before the grab box comes out.
- All true upthrow>regrabs end around this percent.

4) When you can uptilt, know when to standing uptilt vs turn around uptilt.
- "i think turn around uptilt is strictly better
it sends the same trajectory but your character hurtbox is closer to theirs
if you upthrow a fox as fox at 0, just do no DI and watch their trajectory
they go straight up and down but from a position slightly BEHIND you
if you don't hit them, they'd just land behind you completely
so turn around upsmash/uptilt are better because fox is facing the direction they're going to be in which means two things:
1) you are physically closer to them

2) you don't need to hit a dashback

- Balance | Druggedfox
so thats why i always turn uptilt/upsmash in my combos"
-->> So No DI = no turnaround; You should only turn around uptilt if they slight DI forward.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Port 1 Fox grabs a port 2 Fox:

0%-53
Upthrow > Regrab | All DI

>53%
Upthrow > Uptilt | No DI, Slight DI Behind
Upthrow > Turnaround Uptilt | Slight DI Forward
Upthrow > Regrab | Full DI

>74% Chaingrab ends at 73% (Fox can jump out with DI away). Wavedash Uptilting DI away earlier than 73% may be more rewarding.
Upthrow > Uptilt | No DI, Slight DI Behind
Upthrow > Turnaround Uptilt | Slight DI Forward

Upthrow > WD > Uptilt | Full DI
Upthrow > SH Nair | Full DI

Upthrow > SH Bair | Slight DI Behind
  • Can get them to 90%, sends reasonably far offstage.

85 and up %
Upthrow > Up Air | No DI
Upthrow > Upsmash | Full DI, No DI
  • Upsmash on full di is a reliable kill option for the next couple of %s.
  • * They can eventually jump out before upsmash connects starting with No DI, mix punishing No DI with Upthrow upair. ( Don't know the exact percents, but if you know, let me know on discord ( Travis ‘Tails’#4771 )
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

At first this write up had A LOT, so I figured let me focus on the chain grab. I took a lot of throw followups out but left whatever I felt was relevant and useful !

Last edited:

Mondays

Smash Rookie
What should I do after getting a >53% uptilt though, should I nail bair or up air or try to regrab?

Travis 'Tails'

Smash Rookie
What should I do after getting a >53% uptilt though, should I nail bair or up air or try to regrab?
A regrab would be ideal but its DI dependent. You can punish other DI with another uptilt, or bair them off offstage if you are near the edge! One more tip is to have good judgement when to start upair strings as doing another uptilt or two may lead into a grab, but each uptilt pops them up more and more!

Mondays

Smash Rookie
A regrab would be ideal but its DI dependent. You can punish other DI with another uptilt, or bair them off offstage if you are near the edge! One more tip is to have good judgement when to start upair strings as doing another uptilt or two may lead into a grab, but each uptilt pops them up more and more!
Thanks!

Top Bottom