• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Dash Shine into Grab or Up smash and the use of it.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Ok, I made a vid (crappy quality though, but you can see what I am doing ;) )

I was wondering. In the 4th part of the vid (after the my Fox shines and firefox cancels) I seem to grab the ledge (wothout wavedashing!) and I did only ran and turn around ore something. It was very wierd and I feel lucky that i recorded it. Could someone find out what I did in AR maybe? (O don;t have it) I only was toying around with the controlstick at that time.

The rest of the vid is filled with DS's (Dash Shines) and tricks with it, it even works on Luigi! =O Also I did Doraki's instant walljump with a recovery trick (and the well known other wall jump recovery trick)

furthermore there is a Firefox from the stage to the ledge. I discovered that if you ar between the 2 points of both sides of the field of FD, you'll grab the ledge. This may be faster then other things and it can be used as a mindgame =)

if you are P1 and you have just died. You can fall from the engelic thing and do the firefox cause you then are between the to points.
I hope this makes any sense at all and I hope you guys understand everything I explained =D

Here's the vid:
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=8662314787414681519

It is real crappy quality (I am just warning you for it :p )

Vall3y

Smash Lord
the wierd thing you got is what happens if you dash towards an edge, then turn around (like in a dash dance) when you are really raelly close to the edge. it works better with some chars (feels comfortble with marth). i never saw anyone use it or mantion it before, maybe its not very practical. it can be a very fast way to grab the edge though.
*watching rest of vid*

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
the wierd thing you got is what happens if you dash towards an edge, then turn around (like in a dash dance) when you are really raelly close to the edge. it works better with some chars (feels comfortble with marth). i never saw anyone use it or mantion it before, maybe its not very practical. it can be a very fast way to grab the edge though.
*watching rest of vid*

hmm, k
That doesn't sound lik something you can pull of constantly.

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
The turnaround method is easiest with Marth, Fox, and Falcon, I believe. It is well known but not very practical, so it is rarely used in tournament matches.

Interesting about the firefox to edgehog, but not very useful. It is probably always better to Chillin dash or just edgeguard.

Insti-wall jump is good stuff if you can do it consistently.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Sort off big bump, but I want to give an answer to the question of Hylian Lord:

I do it with the same Clang! as with CF, but with Fox you can't do it if you are just hanging on the ledge. (I) You have to let go, jump onto the ledge again and then Clang! the Control Stick a bit, just like with CF (I habe the idea it's almost the same... )

I really find it weird though that I can't do the Insti walljump when I am hanging on the ledge for the first time, but then when I drop and jump back I can do it (this, I can do constantly)

So what I do isn't very practicle in a real match (espacially not against a Peach =| )

fugito348

Smash Journeyman
how do insti-wall jump? i can do it with falcon... but i've never pulled it off with fox / falco T_T
hang on ledge, drop by pressing back, so u do the slow drop, then jump and sweet spot(with a jump not firefox) edge but hold forward before u get on ledge so that wen u grab the ledge again ur holding forward already, then just press back again and u should do it. and i learned from knives. kudos to him

edit:i just noticed zn freak already explained it sorta lol. oops

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
A lot of characters can turn around like that to grab the ledge or wavedash fowards then turn around. Ive done it with shiek, marth and yoshi b4 (havnt really tried others tho) u just need the right timinig so u turn aroudn while ur still sliding

@ce

Smash Apprentice
ive known about the firefox to edgehog but its one of the most situational easily self destructing move ever. i assumed ppl knew about it since almost every1 plays fox... lol

so basically wat the above poster said. glad its on video now tho incase any1 ever needs to point it out to someone

Top Bottom