• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward Throw ;0

Skootarius

Smash Cadet
Okay, so we all know that Tinks down throw is great. This up throw is good, and even his back throw has uses but what of his forward throw? I've been really trying to find a decent use for it and have yet to find one. Is there anything you've found that his worth using it for or is it simply a rubbish move?

One thing I think can work, though I've yet to have luck with it, is a forward throw off the edge to dtilt spike. Let me know your thoughts.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
Forward throw is a good alternative to down throw, when you start getting people into higher percentages and it's easier for them to DI your down throw, it's a good mixup, and even at higher percentages it still doesn't send them very high. the place it puts them is pretty much perfect up smash territory.

Skootarius

Smash Cadet
I've been tinkering with this a lot lately and so far I've just found that the f-throw can seemingly chain-grab certain characters at early percents, and can possibly lead to a D=Tilt spike if near the edge. Other than that, I think in almost every other circumstance, it's rubbish and the other throws are better alternatives. Just what I've tried. I've also attempted the F-Throw to boomerang and Up-smash and though it can work, it's very conditional on weight and %age, and still, I'd rather u-throw into juggles or back throw off the edge or something.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Fthrow off ledge>Dtilt spike. Doesn't work all the time, but it's unexpected, and can literally be a 0% death for some characters. When on the ledge, I like to drop>DJ>Waveland on the stage>Dash behind>Dash dance back>Grab>Fthrow>Dtilt spike

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
Fthrow off ledge>Dtilt spike. Doesn't work all the time, but it's unexpected, and can literally be a 0% death for some characters. When on the ledge, I like to drop>DJ>Waveland on the stage>Dash behind>Dash dance back>Grab>Fthrow>Dtilt spike
this seems like it'd work on fast fallers.... hehehehehehehehehe

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
At higher percentages some characters can be fthrow into running a.

Donyoku

Greed
When I use Tink, I only use the forward throw sparingly since if a person doesn't expect it they will input the DI for one of the other common Tink throws and after that I've been able to get off fair's or nair sometimes. It isn't all the time and I doubt it is true, but It is a little something unexpected around higher percents close to the edge of the stage. Just my two cents.

Top Bottom